Overriding SoapHttpClientProtocol.GetWebResponse

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Soheil, Sep 7, 2004.

  1. Soheil

    Soheil Guest

    Hi,

    I'm trying to use http compression for my web service.
    I've enabled it on the server and I've overridden
    SoapHttpClientProtocol.GetWebResponse to add the
    proper http header to the outgoing request.

    Now I have to override SoapHttpClientProtocol.GetWebResponse
    so that I can decompress the data on the response stream. Since
    this method returns a HttpWebResponse, I need to derive
    my decompressor class from this class. But HttpWebResponse
    offers no default constructor (only one public constructor for
    deserialization), so there's no way to instantiate it.

    And there'are no chances either if I use base.GetWebResponse,
    because HttpWebResponse.GetResponseStream returns a
    read-only stream.

    What can I do now?

    Thanks in advance,
    Soheil