    message.

    Please remind me how to do it

    Pete (Northolt UK)
    p byers, Dec 20, 2009

  2. p byers

    Evertjan. Guest

    p byers wrote on 20 dec 2009 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

    > I once used some script in a Classic Active Server Page that instantly
    > sent a message to the client saying something like:
    >
    > "Please wait - this will take a while"
    >

    > Then when the processing was complete, the results overwrote that
    > message.
    >

    > Please remind me how to do it

    You cannot send messages to the client,
    the client haas to ask for information.

    Such servitude is the plight a server.

    However the client page can use Ajax like techniques to ask,
    using clientside code and ask this asp page:

    <%
    response.expires = -100
    if session("buzy") then
    response.write "Please wait - this will take a while"
    end if
    %>

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Dec 20, 2009

  3. p byers

    Tim Slattery Guest

    p byers <> wrote:

    >I once used some script in a Classic Active Server Page that instantly
    >sent a message to the client saying something like:
    >
    >"Please wait - this will take a while"
    >
    >Then when the processing was complete, the results overwrote that
    >message.
    >
    >Please remind me how to do it

    Response.Buffer=false

    Causes anything generated by the ASP page code to be immediately sent
    to the client, instead of being held until the entire page has been
    created.

    --
    Tim Slattery

    http://members.cox.net/slatteryt