OWC and IIS6

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Nicolas Tostin, Aug 18, 2004.

  1. Hi,
    First of all sorry for my precedent message in french, I thought I was on a
    fr. NG
    I'm currently testing a version of Win2003 to evaluate a migration of our
    NT4 server, but I got some troubles with Office Web Component 9 (office
    2000), it seems it doesn't work anymore, and I can't find the issue.

    When I make a Set objSpreadsheet = Server.CreateObject("OWC.Spreadsheet"), I
    got an error :
    Server object error 'ASP 0177 : 800401f3'
    Server.CreateObject Failed
    /test/include/./include_asp/excel-class.asp, line 10
    800401f3

    So I thought it was a "Web service extension" problem, prohibited por
    default by IIS6, I authorized MSOWC.dll but nothing changed...

    Then I decided to setup OWC11 and it seems to works fine.... even if I don't
    authorized it... (is it a normal behaviour ?, shouldn't I be supposed to
    autorized it ? )

    I can't understand my problem with OWC9 is there some incompatibility with
    IIS6 ?

    I wish I could keep using OWC9 because I got a problem with OWC11, see my
    postOWC11 problem with .Interior.Color in
    microsoft.public.office.developer.web.components newsgroup.
    If someone can give me a clue ;)

    Thanks a lot

    Nicolas
    Nicolas Tostin, Aug 18, 2004

  2. Ok seems ok to create OWC, that was just that the install doesn't register
    MSOWC.dll fine....

    I had to do : regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\MSOWC.dll"
    by myself
    Nicolas Tostin, Aug 23, 2004