OWC and IIS6

Nicolas Tostin

Hi,
First of all sorry for my precedent message in french, I thought I was on a
fr. NG
I'm currently testing a version of Win2003 to evaluate a migration of our
NT4 server, but I got some troubles with Office Web Component 9 (office
2000), it seems it doesn't work anymore, and I can't find the issue.

When I make a Set objSpreadsheet = Server.CreateObject("OWC.Spreadsheet"), I
got an error :
Server object error 'ASP 0177 : 800401f3'
Server.CreateObject Failed
/test/include/./include_asp/excel-class.asp, line 10
800401f3

So I thought it was a "Web service extension" problem, prohibited por
default by IIS6, I authorized MSOWC.dll but nothing changed...

Then I decided to setup OWC11 and it seems to works fine.... even if I don't
authorized it... (is it a normal behaviour ?, shouldn't I be supposed to
autorized it ? )

I can't understand my problem with OWC9 is there some incompatibility with
IIS6 ?

I wish I could keep using OWC9 because I got a problem with OWC11, see my
postOWC11 problem with .Interior.Color in
microsoft.public.office.developer.web.components newsgroup.
If someone can give me a clue ;)

Thanks a lot

Nicolas

Nicolas Tostin

Ok seems ok to create OWC, that was just that the install doesn't register
MSOWC.dll fine....

I had to do : regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\MSOWC.dll"
by myself