OWC Chart question

Ben

Hi, I'm making a chart and I have axes / catagory labels that I'd like to
make links. I just have zero clue on how to approach this. I'm thinking
about using an image button and mapping out the location of each top left
and bottom right on each label. The problem there is that I'm also using a
legend, which sizes automagically.

Is there a way for me to programtically determine the top left and bottom
right coordinates of the labels on a chart object? If so I could easily
make an image map...

Really, that's just a one approach I'm open to anything that will help!

Thanks,
Ben

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Ben,

From your description, you'd like to get the absolute position of the Label
on the OWC chart control and replace them with our custom image buttons,
yes? If anything incorrect, please feel free to let me know.

As for this problem, I think it is not possible to get the accurate
position of the Label controls on the OWC chart because the OWC chart is
actually a ActiveX control which is represented as an <object> element in
the page rather than a normal html element which we can use js code to
manipulate it. We can only use js code to manipluate the whole OWC control
, but not able to access a certain sub element on it. For example a button
or label on the chart.
If you have anything unclear, please feel free to post here. Thanks.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security