OWC component cannot be create using ASP

Soksophay Lim

I have created an asp page that pulls data from SQL server and displays
on webpage in the form of Table and Chart.
I use OWC to generate Chart. It work find on my computer with Ms office
2000 installed, but when I upload my the page to my webserver, it
doesn't work with the following error message:

006~ASP 0177~Server.CreateObject Failed~Invalid ProgID. For additional
information specific to this message please visit the Microsoft Online
Support site located at: http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp.

P.S. On the production server, Office Web Component had already been
installed. WSCript.CreateObject("OWC.Chart") works fine in my colleage's
vbscript file.

Soksophay Lim

I think this is not because of user permission. I have added
IUSR_Machinename to Administrators group, it didn't work too. Anyway,
this is not because of the registration of dll file, because when we use
wscript.createobject("owc.chart") in vbscript file, it works fine.

Do you have any other solution on this?

Sophay,

Tom B

I'm grasping at straws, but if you haven't logged in as IUSR_machinename and
started office, then it may not be able to start.