    with hyperthreading? How does asp.net web gardening work with hyperthreading
    cpus?

    TIA!

    Param - Home, Aug 20, 2004

  2. Param - Home

    Lucas Tam Guest

    "Param - Home" <> wrote in news:eWu3rNkhEHA.2764
    @TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl:

    > Hi all, we are in the process of getting a new server and wanted to know
    > whether it is worth getting a dual cpu

    No one can really tell you unless we know what type of software you're
    trying to run, how many hits, etc. There are many variables.

    --
    Lucas Tam ()

    Lucas Tam, Aug 20, 2004

  3. Param - Home

    Mark Rae Guest

    "Param - Home" <> wrote in message
    > Hi all, we are in the process of getting a new server and wanted to know
    > whether it is worth getting a dual cpu or just a single cpu like a p4 3ghz
    > with hyperthreading? How does asp.net web gardening work with

    hyperthreading
    > cpus?

    Bit more info, please... :)

    Mark Rae, Aug 20, 2004
  4. Param - Home

    RP Guest

    Well let me try to put it this way. Our current server is a dual cpu p4
    1ghz+ (web gardening turned on) which serves the load fine. We are trying to
    upgrade in lieu of 2 boxes - single cpu p4 3.0ghz with HT. I guess what I am
    trying to get at is does asp.net take full use of HT? If not I may as well
    spend lesser money and get a plain old P4 without HT.

    thanks!

    RP, Aug 20, 2004
  5. Read the white paper on hyper threading. it will guide you appropriately.
    basically, hp offers significant performance improvements when the
    application is written in such a way to take advantage of HP, otherwise it
    doesn't. it's a bit more complicated than a yes/no issue really.

    --
    Regards,
    Alvin Bruney

    Alvin Bruney [MVP], Aug 21, 2004
  6. Param - Home

    RP Guest

    Where can I find this white paper? I found one on Windows XP and HT but
    nothing on asp.net & HT.

    thanks!

    RP, Aug 21, 2004
  7. i am not aware that there is one. the information is applicable to asp.net
    anyway.

    --
    Regards,
    Alvin Bruney