    Lars Eighner http://www.io.com/~eighner/
    "I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord,
    make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." --Voltaire
    Lars Eighner, Mar 9, 2005

  2. Lars Eighner

    Thomas Kratz Guest

    Lars Eighner wrote:
    > Is there a module to manage whole-file backups in some sort
    > of sane manner?
    >
    > I have in mind something I could sent a filespec and have
    > a backup file with a unique name made, with old and/or supernumerary
    > backups pruned, or have the filespec for the most recent backup
    > returned, etc. I'd just as soon not re-invent the wheel.

    I'm not sure I understand exactly what you need, but have a look at my
    module File::VMSVersions on CPAN.

    Thomas

    --
    $/=$,,$_=<DATA>,s,(.*),$1,see;__END__
    s,^(.*\043),,mg,@_=map{[split'']}split;{#>J~.>_an~>>e~......>r~
    Thomas Kratz, Mar 9, 2005

  3. Lars Eighner

    Shawn Corey Guest

    Lars Eighner wrote:
    > Is there a module to manage whole-file backups in some sort
    > of sane manner?
    >
    > I have in mind something I could sent a filespec and have
    > a backup file with a unique name made, with old and/or supernumerary
    > backups pruned, or have the filespec for the most recent backup
    > returned, etc. I'd just as soon not re-invent the wheel.

    Have you searched CPAN scripts? <http://www.cpan.org/scripts/index.html>

    --- Shawn
    Shawn Corey, Mar 9, 2005