    Is there any class available in the .NET framework compressing and unpacking string data?

    TIA,
    Axel Dahmen
    Axel Dahmen, Jun 29, 2003

  2. Axel Dahmen

    Natty Gur Guest

    Axel Hi,

    1) You can always send the data via Post. The data will be embedded in
    the request and you will be free from the query string limitation.

    2) .Net don’t have any compressing and unpacking string utility but A)
    LosFormatter is the class that responsible of compressing and unpacking
    view state. B) Check out #ZipLib[1]. This is an open source that does
    that job. I’m using it without any problems.

    [1]http://www.icsharpcode.net/OpenSource/SharpZipLib/Default.aspx

    Natty Gur, CTO
    Dao2Com Ltd.
    28th Baruch Hirsch st. Bnei-Brak
    Israel , 51114

    Phone Numbers:
    Office: +972-(0)3-5786668
    Fax: +972-(0)3-5703475
    Mobile: +972-(0)58-888377

    Know the overall picture

    Natty Gur, Jun 29, 2003

  3. Axel Dahmen

    Axel Dahmen Guest

    Thanks, Natty, I'll check out your sources! Regarding your suggestion to post: I can't use post because I want to provide my parameters in hyperlinks.

    Best wishes,
    Axel Dahmen

    Axel Dahmen, Jun 29, 2003