pack200 applet compression with Java Plug-in

Stan

Hi,

I posted this question to Sun's Developer Network but haven't gotten
any responses.

I've been trying to use the ContentType servlet
(http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/deployment/deployment-guide/pack200.html)
for days. The Java Plug-in requests a jar and indicates that it can
accept a jar that was compressed with pack200 (...jar.pack.gz). The
servlet is supposed to determine which file to return. I just get
class not found errors.

My problem seems to be that getPathInfo() and getPathTranslated()
always return null. Here's the log for one of the jars (I added
contextPath, realPath, url path and url file and built path from
realPath without contextPath + url.getFile() ):

INFO: ----------------------------
INFO: pathInfo=null
INFO: pathInfoEx=null
INFO: Accept-Encoding=pack200-gzip,gzip
INFO: Content-Type=application/x-java-archive
INFO: contextPath=/ContentType
INFO: realPath=/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-5.5.7/webapps/ContentType
INFO:
requestURL=http://192.0.0.118:1977/ContentType/ecs/java/lib/xml-apis.jar
INFO: url path=/ContentType/ecs/java/lib/xml-apis.jar
INFO: url file=/ContentType/ecs/java/lib/xml-apis.jar
INFO:
path=/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-5.5.7/webapps/ContentType/ecs/java/lib/xml-apis.
jar
INFO: Found file
/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-5.5.7/webapps/ContentType/ecs/java/lib/xml-apis.jar.p
ack.gz
INFO: content-encoding=pack200-gzip :
outFile=/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-5.5.7/webapps/ContentType/ecs/java/lib/xml-ap
is.jar.pack.gz

"...java" is a symbolic link to /var/www/html/java"

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Stan