Package HTML - Missing package documentation file

jochenhebbrecht

I'm finishing the code of my project with the checkstyle plugin of
Eclipse.

But I have 4 warnings for my packages:
=> Package HTML - Missing package documentation file

So I made a package.html in each package, but the warnings stays. How
do you have to documentate a package?

Joined
Nov 27, 2007
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Solution

If you're using Java5 +, you'll have to create a package-info.java file in the package, rather than a package.html one, for Checkstyle to do its job. The problem is with the text of the warning, not with the warning itself, though. The package-info.java file should contain nothing but the package declaration, properly javadoc-commented:

e.g.: /src/main/java/info/dummy/mypackage/package-info.java:

/**
* This is the core package for the application
* @since 1.0
*/
package info.dummy.mypackage;