package rename (refactoring ) from command line

Discussion in 'Java' started by spaceman, Oct 2, 2006.

  1. spaceman

    spaceman Guest

    Hi,

    Is there a tool that can rename packages which can be run from a
    command line?

    I'd like to do the refactoring on the fly as part of the build process
    - something like what most obfuscators do. However I need to rename
    some specific packages before I compile the classes as I cannot modify
    the original code.

    One of the options is to run eclipse in headless mode and use the
    refactoring api. However I'm not too familiar with any of these things,
    so would be challenge. Is there an easier way to do this?

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks

    spaceman, Oct 2, 2006

  2. Not aware of any such tool. Wish some shell scripting using sed and
    grep you should be able to do a blind find/replace to your files. You
    can invoke that script as a part of ant before the compile target.

    -cheers,
    Manish

    Manish Pandit, Oct 3, 2006