Packaging Java App For Windows without Windows

Discussion in 'Java' started by Gerry, Apr 1, 2005.

  1. Gerry

    Gerry Guest

    Hi.
    I'm developing a Java application on a Mac.
    I don't have access to a Windows computer.

    Is it possible to package the Java application to be easily runnable on
    Windows without needing an installer?

    I would just like the user to be able to unzip the zip file containing
    my application and be able to double-click something to run the
    application.

    This is commonly how applications are packaged on the Mac.

    I am willing to assume that the JRE has been installed on the user's
    computer. ie. not include the JRE with my application.

    Thanks for any pointers.

    --
    http://www.mts.net/~gbeggs1/

    Gerry, Apr 1, 2005

  2. Gerry

    R.F. Pels Guest

    R.F. Pels, Apr 2, 2005

  3. Gerry

    R.F. Pels Guest

    Gerry wrote:

    > I'm developing a Java application on a Mac.
    > I don't have access to a Windows computer.

    Make sure you get storing personal setting right for example. Oh. And
    further, izPack looks nice to me...

    --
    Ruurd
    ..o.