    I'm asking, does PIL get bundled into the app? I obviously wouldn't
    want them to have to download anything as that would be embarrassing
    to me :D
    DLitgo, Mar 4, 2009

  2. DLitgo schrieb:
    > Hello everyone,
    >
    > I'm curious about creating .app files for the mac using bundlebuilder
    > (or py2app or even py2exe). I'm just about done creating a GUI for a
    > little set of scripts which basically perform batch image editing.
    >
    > If I send this app to friends and family will they be able to use it?
    > Or would they have to download PIL (which the app uses). I guess what
    > I'm asking, does PIL get bundled into the app? I obviously wouldn't
    > want them to have to download anything as that would be embarrassing
    > to me :D

    I never bundled PIL myself, but py2app at least comes with a recipe for
    it - which means that it should be included into the distribution.

    And that should be self-contained, including even the python interpreter.

    So friends and family ought to be safe.

    Diez
    Diez B. Roggisch, Mar 4, 2009

  3. DLitgo

    DLitgo Guest

    On Mar 4, 1:34 am, "Diez B. Roggisch" <> wrote:
    > DLitgo schrieb:
    >
    > > Hello everyone,

    > > I'm curious about creating .app files for the mac using bundlebuilder
    > > (or py2app or even py2exe). I'm just about done creating a GUI for a
    > > little set of scripts which basically perform batch image editing.

    > > If I send this app to friends and family will they be able to use it?
    > > Or would they have to download PIL (which the app uses). I guess what
    > > I'm asking, does PIL get bundled into the app? I obviously wouldn't
    > > want them to have to download anything as that would be embarrassing
    > > to me :D

    > I never bundled PIL myself, but py2app at least comes with a recipe for
    > it - which means that it should be included into the distribution.
    >
    > And that should be self-contained, including even the python interpreter.
    >
    > So friends and family ought to be safe.
    >
    > Diez

    Okay cool, thanks for the reply!
    DLitgo, Mar 6, 2009
  4. On Mar 4, 12:52 am, DLitgo <> wrote:
    > Hello everyone,
    >
    > I'm curious about creating .app files for the mac using bundlebuilder
    > (or py2app or even py2exe). I'm just about done creating a GUI for a
    > little set of scripts which basically perform batch image editing.
    >
    > If I send this app to friends and family will they be able to use it?
    > Or would they have to download PIL (which the app uses). I guess what
    > I'm asking, does PIL get bundled into the app? I obviously wouldn't
    > want them to have to download anything as that would be embarrassing
    > to me :D

    I'm pretty sure that PIL will get bundled in if you use py2app. I know
    py2exe bundles everything needed for Windows binaries. I actually use
    GUI2Exe to bundle my applications. It's a nice GUI to py2exe, py2app
    and several other packagers. You can get it here: http://code.google.com/p/gui2exe/

    Note that I do not have a Mac and thus, have not used py2app...see
    their docs for complete info.

    Mike
    Mike Driscoll, Mar 6, 2009