    python scripts? I've noticed that PyOpenGL and PyGame use a pretty
    nice installer, and some games I've seen install and run without even
    needing python installed. How is this done?
    Kris Caselden, Sep 6, 2003

  2. Kris Caselden

    selwyn Guest

    Kris Caselden wrote:
    > Particularly in Windows, how do create installation packages for
    > python scripts? I've noticed that PyOpenGL and PyGame use a pretty
    > nice installer, and some games I've seen install and run without even
    > needing python installed. How is this done?

    First you need to create an executable, which gets around the need for a
    separate python installation -
    check out py2exe:
    starship.python.net/crew/theller/py2exe/

    For an easy and free installer try Inno Setup:
    http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php
    selwyn, Sep 6, 2003

  3. "selwyn" <>

    > First you need to create an executable, which gets around the need for a
    > separate python installation -
    > check out py2exe:
    > starship.python.net/crew/theller/py2exe/
    >
    > For an easy and free installer try Inno Setup:
    > http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php

    .... and don't forget the McMilllan installer which is my favourit:
    http://www.mcmillan-inc.com/install1.html

    Kindly
    Michael P
    Michael Peuser, Sep 6, 2003