Packets

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Jason Winters, Nov 17, 2003.

  1. take an ip packet apart and then send it to a different address. if anyone
    can help me find the tools I need to do this let me know.
    Jason Winters, Nov 17, 2003

  2. il Sun, 16 Nov 2003 16:53:11 -0800, "Jason Winters"
    <> ha scritto::

    >take an ip packet apart and then send it to a different address. if anyone
    >can help me find the tools I need to do this let me know.

    on *nix you firewall may fit :)
    other way maybe you could use libpcap (we do have binding fo ruby)
    gabriele renzi, Nov 17, 2003

  3. Hi!

    * Jason Winters; 2003-11-17, 14:22 UTC:
    > take an ip packet apart and then send it to a different address.
    > if anyone can help me find the tools I need to do this let me know.

    Software tools:
    FreeBSD, Linux, NetBSD, OpenBSD. In this case 'Linux' is correct
    and need not read 'GNU/Linux' because it is the kernel itself that
    does the job.

    Hardware tools:
    Find a good firewalling machine (this usually is nicely packed
    version of one of the above software tools).

    Josef 'Jupp' Schugt
    --
    .-------.
    message > 100 kB? / | |