Packets

Jason Winters

take an ip packet apart and then send it to a different address. if anyone
can help me find the tools I need to do this let me know.

gabriele renzi

il Sun, 16 Nov 2003 16:53:11 -0800, "Jason Winters"
take an ip packet apart and then send it to a different address. if anyone
can help me find the tools I need to do this let me know.

on *nix you firewall may fit :)
other way maybe you could use libpcap (we do have binding fo ruby)

Josef 'Jupp' SCHUGT

Hi!

* Jason Winters; 2003-11-17, 14:22 UTC:
take an ip packet apart and then send it to a different address.
if anyone can help me find the tools I need to do this let me know.

Software tools:
FreeBSD, Linux, NetBSD, OpenBSD. In this case 'Linux' is correct
and need not read 'GNU/Linux' because it is the kernel itself that
does the job.

Hardware tools:
Find a good firewalling machine (this usually is nicely packed
version of one of the above software tools).

Josef 'Jupp' Schugt