packing derby derby with java application

Wills

Hi all,
I have done a java application that requires DBDerby .How can I
supply DB derby with the java application to a customer.Should I
install DB derby in a particular folder where the software requires it
in my customers machine.This is the first time I am doing such an
application.
Thanks in advance.

Andrew Thompson

Wills wrote:
I have done a java application that requires DBDerby .How can I
supply DB derby with the java application to a customer.

Java web start is one way.
Demos said:
..Should I
install DB derby in a particular folder where the software requires it
in my customers machine.

I doubt it is necessary, check the documentation.
If not, simply add the Derby API's into the application's
runtime classpath (in the web start launch file).
Otherwise, you might use a JWS installer* to install
the DB, and set the properties that allows the
application to find it.
<http://www.physci.org/jws/#eis>

root

Andrew said:
Wills wrote:
..

Java web start is one way.

I doubt it is necessary, check the documentation.
If not, simply add the Derby API's into the application's
runtime classpath (in the web start launch file).
Otherwise, you might use a JWS installer* to install
the DB, and set the properties that allows the
application to find it.
<http://www.physci.org/jws/#eis>
I have developed a quite complex software with derby embedded into it &
access to data through ejb3 ( toplink

)RUNOPTS="-Dconfig.filename=project.base.xml -Dconfig.location=file
-Dderby.system.home=/home/java/databases"

java $RUNOPTS tibetsoftware.wenmei.core.Main 2>&1 | tee LOG

you can put the derby database folder anywhere you want it to be
simply need to setup some sort of environment like
you can even start the database within java

serverThread srv=new serverThread();
srv.run();

package tibetsoftware.wenmei.core;

import java.net.UnknownHostException;
import org.apache.derby.drda.NetworkServerControl;

public class serverThread extends Thread {

public void start() {
System.out.println("Starting Server Thread...");
try {
NetworkServerControl server = new

// hostname/port read from derby.properties
NetworkServerControl();

// hostname/port as arguments
//NetworkServerControl(InetAddress.getByName("9.x.x.x"),1527);

server.start(null);
} catch (UnknownHostException e) {
System.out.println("Unkown host error");
e.printStackTrace();
} catch (Exception e) {
System.out.println("Unkown EXCEPTION");
e.printStackTrace();