    in my customers machine.This is the first time I am doing such an
    application.
    Thanks in advance.

    Wills, Jul 9, 2007

  2. Wills wrote:
    > I have done a java application that requires DBDerby .How can I
    >supply DB derby with the java application to a customer.

    Java web start is one way.
    Demos <http://www.physci.org/jws/>

    >..Should I
    >install DB derby in a particular folder where the software requires it
    >in my customers machine.

    I doubt it is necessary, check the documentation.
    If not, simply add the Derby API's into the application's
    runtime classpath (in the web start launch file).
    Otherwise, you might use a JWS installer* to install
    the DB, and set the properties that allows the
    application to find it.
    <http://www.physci.org/jws/#eis>

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    http://www.athompson.info/andrew/

    Andrew Thompson, Jul 9, 2007

  3. Wills

    root Guest

    Andrew Thompson wrote:
    > Wills wrote:
    > ..
    >> I have done a java application that requires DBDerby .How can I
    >> supply DB derby with the java application to a customer.

    > Java web start is one way.
    > Demos <http://www.physci.org/jws/>
    >
    >> ..Should I
    >> install DB derby in a particular folder where the software requires it
    >> in my customers machine.

    > I doubt it is necessary, check the documentation.
    > If not, simply add the Derby API's into the application's
    > runtime classpath (in the web start launch file).
    > Otherwise, you might use a JWS installer* to install
    > the DB, and set the properties that allows the
    > application to find it.
    > <http://www.physci.org/jws/#eis>

    I have developed a quite complex software with derby embedded into it &
    access to data through ejb3 ( toplink

    )RUNOPTS="-Dconfig.filename=project.base.xml -Dconfig.location=file
    -Dderby.system.home=/home/java/databases"

    java $RUNOPTS tibetsoftware.wenmei.core.Main 2>&1 | tee LOG

    you can put the derby database folder anywhere you want it to be
    simply need to setup some sort of environment like
    you can even start the database within java

    serverThread srv=new serverThread();
    srv.run();

    package tibetsoftware.wenmei.core;

    import java.net.UnknownHostException;
    import org.apache.derby.drda.NetworkServerControl;

    public class serverThread extends Thread {

    public void start() {
    System.out.println("Starting Server Thread...");
    try {
    NetworkServerControl server = new

    // hostname/port read from derby.properties
    NetworkServerControl();

    // hostname/port as arguments
    //NetworkServerControl(InetAddress.getByName("9.x.x.x"),1527);

    server.start(null);
    } catch (UnknownHostException e) {
    System.out.println("Unkown host error");
    e.printStackTrace();
    } catch (Exception e) {
    System.out.println("Unkown EXCEPTION");
    e.printStackTrace();
    public void run() {
    start();

    hope that helps
    patrick

    root, Jul 9, 2007
  4. Wills

    Wills Guest

    On Jul 9, 4:10 pm, root <> wrote:
    > Andrew Thompson wrote:
    > > Wills wrote:

    > }
    >
    > hope that helps
    > patrick

    Hi all,
    Thanks for your response.I feel difficult to understand the code.I am
    still going through Derby documentation.
    Thanks.

    Wills, Jul 10, 2007