Packing IE Web Controls in the Setup

Surajit Laha

Hi,

I have developed an web aplication using ASP.NET and for menus I use
IE TreeView control.

Now the trouble is I need to install IE Web Controls in the server
while deploying my application.

Is there any way I can package it in my Setup only so that it runs and
gets installed while installing the web application?

Thanks,

-surajIT

Steven Spits

Hi,
Is there any way I can package it in my Setup only so that it runs and
gets installed while installing the web application?

Yes, we have done the same thing and it works fine!

Probably you have Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.dll already in the /bin
folder of your installed application.

What you are missing is the /webctrl_client folder. Create this folder (and
subfolders, like 1_0, Images and TreeImages) in your setup. Don't put it
inside the Web Application Folder, but create a web folder at the highest
level! Next step is to add all the files to these folder (htc's and gif's).
You can find these files in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\webctrl_client and
subfolders.

Steven

- --