    in firefox).

    TIA

    - Nicolaas
    windandwaves, Aug 18, 2005

  2. "windandwaves" <> wrote:

    > I have an image with a class that has padding associated with it,
    > however, in IE the padding does not seem to be applied.

    Sounds like IE running in "Quirks Mode".

    > http://www.corstorphine.co.nz/test/orderform1.php?p=1

    Yep. You can fool the fool (i.e., make IE run in "Standards Mode", i.e. in
    less nonstandard mode) by using a DOCTYPE declaration that has the exact
    spelling of the declaration described in the HTML 4.01 specification:

    "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">

    (And put it first in the file. A blank line might not hurt, but I wouldn't
    take the risk.)

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/
    Jukka K. Korpela, Aug 18, 2005

  3. windandwaves

    windandwaves Guest

    Jukka K. Korpela wrote:
    > "windandwaves" <> wrote:
    >
    >> I have an image with a class that has padding associated with it,
    >> however, in IE the padding does not seem to be applied.

    > Sounds like IE running in "Quirks Mode".
    >
    >> http://www.corstorphine.co.nz/test/orderform1.php?p=1

    > Yep. You can fool the fool (i.e., make IE run in "Standards Mode",
    > i.e. in less nonstandard mode) by using a DOCTYPE declaration that
    > has the exact spelling of the declaration described in the HTML 4.01
    > specification:

    Incredible - it worked "a treat". Thank you very much!
    windandwaves, Aug 19, 2005