padding on image in IE

Jukka K. Korpela

windandwaves said:
I have an image with a class that has padding associated with it,
however, in IE the padding does not seem to be applied.

Sounds like IE running in "Quirks Mode".

Yep. You can fool the fool (i.e., make IE run in "Standards Mode", i.e. in
less nonstandard mode) by using a DOCTYPE declaration that has the exact
spelling of the declaration described in the HTML 4.01 specification:

"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">

(And put it first in the file. A blank line might not hurt, but I wouldn't
take the risk.)

windandwaves

Jukka said:
Sounds like IE running in "Quirks Mode".

Yep. You can fool the fool (i.e., make IE run in "Standards Mode",
i.e. in less nonstandard mode) by using a DOCTYPE declaration that
has the exact spelling of the declaration described in the HTML 4.01
specification:

"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">

Incredible - it worked "a treat". Thank you very much!