padding problem on my site

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Roman Ziak, Jul 20, 2006.

  1. Roman Ziak

    Roman Ziak Guest

    Hello everybody,

    I have a problem with integrating MyBB and CubeCart. I made my templates
    for both applications but cannot get them to the same position.

    I want "container" element be 8px from the body element (top), but in
    MyBB it puts it at 24px (from Firebug layout inspector). This is even
    further in IE.

    CubeCart stylesheet:

    body
    {
    margin: 8px;
    background: #aaa;
    }

    #pageSurround
    {
    width: 748px;
    margin: 0px auto;
    padding: 0;
    border: 1px solid #444;
    background: #eef;
    }

    CubeCart body:

    MyBB stylesheet:

    body {
    margin: 8px;
    padding: 0;
    background-color: #aaa;
    color: #000;
    font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica;
    font-size: small;
    }

    #container {
    width: 748px;
    margin: 0px auto;
    padding: 0;
    border: 1px solid #444;
    background: #eef;
    offsetTop: 8px;
    }

    MyBB body starts:

    The site is www.dipmicro.com

    Thanks for all opinions:

    Thanks.
    Roman
    Roman Ziak, Jul 20, 2006

  2. Roman Ziak

    dorayme Guest

    In article <V4Bvg.81885$>,
    Roman Ziak <> wrote:

    > Hello everybody,
    >
    > I have a problem with integrating MyBB and CubeCart. I made my templates
    > for both applications but cannot get them to the same position.

    Hello somebody. First try validating.

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Jul 20, 2006

  3. Roman Ziak

    Roman Ziak Guest

    dorayme wrote:
    > In article <V4Bvg.81885$>,
    > Roman Ziak <> wrote:
    >
    >> Hello everybody,
    >>
    >> I have a problem with integrating MyBB and CubeCart. I made my templates
    >> for both applications but cannot get them to the same position.

    > Hello somebody. First try validating.

    Great advice ! After making the validator happy my problem disapeared.

    I am not HTML/CSS expert but this puzzles me:

    does validate, but

    does not (2 spaces before TD element)

    Thanks dorayme for the advice !
    Roman
    Roman Ziak, Jul 20, 2006
  4. Roman Ziak

    dorayme Guest

    In article <NuDvg.81897$>,
    Roman Ziak <> wrote:

    > I am not HTML/CSS expert but this puzzles me:

    > does validate, but

    > does not (2 spaces before TD element)

    Validators do odd things, they are not always right. You might
    find if you look closely that the validator concerned is just
    giving a "warning" rather than a caning, some browsers,
    especially older ones and especially Mac IE 5, did odd things as
    a result of unnecessary white space (which they should simply
    treat as one space). Just be sure there is not a little char
    somewhere there that is not whitespace...

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Jul 20, 2006