    and it moves the page to line 44, the start of the stand up comedy
    videos

    , Mar 22, 2006

  2. Andy Dingley Guest

    wrote:

    >if lets say on my website www.standupgoogle.com, I
    > want a link at the top on the page, that reads CHECK OUT THE ACTION!
    > and it moves the page to line 44, the start of the stand up comedy
    > videos

    [...]

    The video stuff

    PS - Throw away whatever editing tool you're using. That thing makes
    worse code than Frontplague.

    Andy Dingley, Mar 22, 2006

  3. > <a href="#videos" >CHECK OUT THE ACTION!</a>

    > [...]

    why not:
    <a name="videos"> ??

    Gernot Frisch, Mar 22, 2006
  4. Andy Dingley Guest

    Gernot Frisch wrote:

    > why not:
    > <a name="videos"> ??

    That would work too.

    I didn't specify that because:

    - It's an old and obsolete way of doing it. Using id is simpler,
    consistent with the use of id for DHTML purposes, and works everywhere
    (for good values of "everywhere")

    - I didn't want to confuse the OP with alternatives. Just use id

    - Strictly the form should be
    <a name="videos" >Some text or content</a>
    Opera has been known to complain about an empty <a name="..." >
    element
    (it's a minor issue but it's less reliable than using id)

    Andy Dingley, Mar 22, 2006

  5. > - It's an old and obsolete way of doing it. Using id is simpler,
    > consistent with the use of id for DHTML purposes, and works
    > everywhere
    > (for good values of "everywhere")

    > Opera has been known to complain about an empty <a name="..." >
    > element
    > (it's a minor issue but it's less reliable than using id)

    Thank you for the information.

    Gernot Frisch, Mar 22, 2006
  6. Jake Guest

    In message <>,
    writes
    >I have read on how to set page anchors but I still don't see how and
    >where to set them, if lets say on my website www.standupgoogle.com, I
    >want a link at the top on the page, that reads CHECK OUT THE ACTION!
    >and it moves the page to line 44, the start of the stand up comedy
    >videos

    The link:

    and then the target:

    <a name="cota" id="cota"></a>

    --
    Jake ( -- just a 'spam trap' mail address)

    Jake, Mar 22, 2006