  1. Can we set page breaks in ASP Pages dynamically based on the data being
    populated?

    Akshay.

    =?Utf-8?B?aXdlYg==?=, Apr 23, 2007

  2. On Apr 23, 12:10 pm, iweb <> wrote:
    > Can we set page breaks in ASP Pages dynamically based on the data being
    > populated?
    >
    > Akshay.

    what's this? a page break for a printer?

    Alexey Smirnov, Apr 23, 2007

  3. Yes, Page break for printing.

    Akshay.

    =?Utf-8?B?aXdlYg==?=, Apr 23, 2007
  4. On Apr 23, 1:36 pm, iweb <> wrote:
    > Yes, Page break for printing.
    >
    > Akshay.
    >

    > "Alexey Smirnov" wrote:
    > > On Apr 23, 12:10 pm, iweb <> wrote:
    > > > Can we set page breaks in ASP Pages dynamically based on the data being
    > > > populated?

    > > > Akshay.

    > > what's this? a page break for a printer?- Hide quoted text -

    <head>
    <title>Print</title>
    ..break { page-break-before: always; }
    </head>
    test1
    test2

    Alexey Smirnov, Apr 23, 2007
  5. How will this dynamically manage the data in one page and shift the extra one
    to the other page?

    How will this code understand that it has to page break and where??

    If there is a table, how will it know to show one row / column on one page
    and if its spilling or cutting, to take the full row / column on the next
    page??

    Can this code manage this dynamism?If not how to manage - pls guide.

    Regards,
    Akshay.

    =?Utf-8?B?aXdlYg==?=, Apr 23, 2007
  6. =?Utf-8?B?aXdlYg==?=

    deftone Guest

    What he gave you was the CSS code to force a page break while
    printing. It would be up to you to insert the code into your own.

    1. put the css code into your page or seperate style css file.
    .break { page-break-before: always; }

    2. Write your code which will determine when a new page is needed, and
    when it is, insert a <div class="break"></div>. If you are dealing
    with tables, you may need to close the table at the bottom of the
    page, before the <div class="break"></div>, then restart the table
    after the div. I am not sure how it will handle a <tr class="break">
    or something like that.

    I would say this is the best answer for your question, which is
    somewhat ambiguous.

    deftone, Apr 23, 2007
  7. =?Utf-8?B?aXdlYg==?=

    deftone, Apr 23, 2007