page break priority

Discussion in 'XML' started by Vladimir, Jan 21, 2004.

  1. Vladimir

    Vladimir Guest

    Hi!!!
    I'm new to XSL, XSL-FO. I'm having xml file as an input and have to
    generate pdf using FOP. I'm interested if there's some way to do
    page-breaking based on certain rules in XSL. My XML is something like
    <product>
    <category>
    <article>
    </article>
    </separator>
    </category>

    <category>
    </separator>
    </category>
    </product>
    (btw, I put this part of XML into <fo:table>)
    Can I put this rule in XSL: if the table is too large for one page, I
    should do the page breaking at the last category (the one that doesn't
    fit in the page), if it's too large for next page, I should do the
    page breaking at the last separator...
    Any kind of help will be very appreciated.
    Vladimir, Jan 21, 2004

  2. In article <>,
    Vladimir <> wrote:

    % Can I put this rule in XSL: if the table is too large for one page, I
    % should do the page breaking at the last category (the one that doesn't
    % fit in the page), if it's too large for next page, I should do the
    % page breaking at the last separator...

    Set the keep-together and keep-with-previous properties for each
    affected table row (i.e., set keep-together for every row and
    keep-with-previous for each row excep the category one).

    --

    Patrick TJ McPhee
    East York Canada
    Patrick TJ McPhee, Jan 22, 2004