    report that is being created.

    Any ideas???

    Thanks in advance for your help.

    Scott, Aug 4, 2003

  2. Scott

    Scott Guest

    I'll give this a try - looks like what I need. One last question. If your
    wanting multiple records per page, do you just put a counter that would keep
    up with the number of lines per page then use the break? Just trying to
    figure out when to break. I dont want results that belong to one header to
    be on the next page. The old widow/orphan problem.

    Thanks

    Scott, Aug 5, 2003

  3. Scott

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    This is an ideal job for XML, especially since you don't know that the
    end user will print in your font, etc. CSS may also handle this, you
    can set lines per page or similar. But if you *really* have to
    control the printed output, best is to generate a PDF.

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran, Aug 5, 2003
  4. Scott

    Scott Guest

    PDF - will it handle PG breaks??? Not sure how that works - I have a the
    Printer loaded. Do I just print to it?

    Scott, Aug 5, 2003
  5. Scott

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    There are any number of ways to create a PDF, usually using Acrobat
    (full version) or a component. You'd create the report with specific
    sizes and page breaks, convert to PDF and deliver it. Check
    planetpdf.com for some info on thius type of thing.

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran, Aug 5, 2003