Page Breaks with ASP / HTML

Scott

Was not sure if this was the place to post this or not, so if not, can
someone point me in the right direction.

Here is my problem - I have an ASP page the is generating a file with HTML
that is being opened with WORD. Can anyone give me a simple method, idea,
function, example, resourse, etc.... to figure out how to handle PAGE
BREAKS. I am not sure how to handle when to put the breaks in for the
report that is being created.

Any ideas???

Thanks in advance for your help.

Scott

I'll give this a try - looks like what I need. One last question. If your
wanting multiple records per page, do you just put a counter that would keep
up with the number of lines per page then use the break? Just trying to
figure out when to break. I dont want results that belong to one header to
be on the next page. The old widow/orphan problem.

Thanks

Jeff Cochran

This is an ideal job for XML, especially since you don't know that the
end user will print in your font, etc. CSS may also handle this, you
can set lines per page or similar. But if you *really* have to
control the printed output, best is to generate a PDF.

Jeff

Scott

PDF - will it handle PG breaks??? Not sure how that works - I have a the
Printer loaded. Do I just print to it?

Jeff Cochran

There are any number of ways to create a PDF, usually using Acrobat
(full version) or a component. You'd create the report with specific
sizes and page breaks, convert to PDF and deliver it. Check
planetpdf.com for some info on thius type of thing.

Jeff