page broken in IE5

Discussion in 'HTML' started by David Graham, Jul 19, 2003.

  1. David Graham

    David Graham Guest

    Hi
    My page is OK in all browsers except IE5 win2000 and IE5.2 Mac

    I have a publically available page from browsercam showing the problem at

    http://www.browsercam.com/public.aspx?proj_id=13032

    Basically, the content which is contained within a div called
    'contentcontainer' is not positioned correctly, its tight against the left
    side of the screen. The page is valid html and valid css (except for the
    proprietary ms rules for styling the scrollbars). There must be some reason
    why these browsers ignor the relative positioning that I have assigned to
    'contentcontainer'

    #contentcontainer { position: relative; left: 200px; top: 1em; and so
    on..........

    the actual page in question is at:

    http://www.catalysys.co.uk/sefriendly/

    and the css file is:

    http://www.catalysys.co.uk/sefriendly/layout2.css

    I would be more than grateful if someone could spot what the error is.

    BTW - the mac also doesn't render my background image called merge.gif,
    which consists of an orange stripe on the left and a cream coloured textured
    bit over the rest of the screen.

    thanks
    David
    David Graham, Jul 19, 2003

  2. David Graham

    brucie Guest

    In post <mt6Sa.107$>
    David Graham said...

    > My page is OK in all browsers except IE5 win2000 and IE5.2 Mac

    supply a link to a plain text version of the site (just remove the
    CSS) so people with ancient browsers can still use it.

    --
    brucie a. blackford. 20/July/2003 06:48:32 am kilo.
    http://loser.brucies.com/
    brucie, Jul 19, 2003