Page Buffering Strategy?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Anthony Bouch, Jul 20, 2003.

  1. Hi

    I've got a dynamic Web page with a datalist and some images on it. The
    images will take a little while to load so I'd like to show the user
    'something' while they're waiting.

    How can I get at least the page header and menu out to the user. IE 6 just
    shows a blank page with the background color until most of the page has
    downloaded. Interestingly Netscape 6 does show various element of the page
    continuously without a long pause.

    Any suggestions? The overall time to load the page is about the same but
    showing something as the page loads creates the impression that things are
    happening at least.

    web.config already has <pages buffer="false"/> but this makes no difference
    to IE.

    Thoughts?

    Regards,

    Tony