Page Buffering Strategy?

Anthony Bouch

Hi

I've got a dynamic Web page with a datalist and some images on it. The
images will take a little while to load so I'd like to show the user
'something' while they're waiting.

How can I get at least the page header and menu out to the user. IE 6 just
shows a blank page with the background color until most of the page has
downloaded. Interestingly Netscape 6 does show various element of the page
continuously without a long pause.

Any suggestions? The overall time to load the page is about the same but
showing something as the page loads creates the impression that things are
happening at least.

web.config already has <pages buffer="false"/> but this makes no difference
to IE.

Thoughts?

Regards,

Tony