Page Caching and Page Expiry

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Charles Mifsud, Aug 7, 2006.

  1. Hi,

    We have an ASP.NET 2.0 web page with user authentication.
    We have a page which contains a Multiview with a number of different views.
    Each view represents one step in a whole process.
    The user can move from one step to another using the WebControl Buttons
    (Next and Back) we provided on the views.
    Once the User comes in the last view and presses finish we do not want the
    user to click the Browser Back button, but expire somehow the multiview
    page.

    We tried removing the browser Cache as follows:
    Response.ExpiresAbsolute = DateTime.Now.AddDays(-1d);
    Response.Expires = -1500;
    Response.CacheControl = "no-cache";

    However, we achieved removing the browser's cache but when the user clicks
    the back button we are getting "Page Cannot be Displayed"
    Cannot find server or DNS Error. This behaviour we are getting when we are
    in a multiview not when moving between different aspx pages.

    How can we acheive this differently and expire the page on clicking the
    finish view?

    Thanks in advance

    Charles Mifsud

    N.B We do not wish to expire the whole session.
    Charles Mifsud, Aug 7, 2006