    release mode that this happens.

    Regards,
    Joel
    Joel, Jul 6, 2006

  2. Joel

    Mike Brind Guest

    Joel wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am pretty new to asp.net, and have recently taken over a project. I have
    > gotten to the point where I am about to release my changes, but for some
    > reason when i build the project in release mode and launch in in IE I always
    > get a "The Page cannot be displayed" page instead of my login form.
    >
    > Anyone have any ideas? The applciation works fine in debug mode, its just in
    > release mode that this happens.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Joel

    Try a Dotnet group. This one covers classic asp, which is totally
    different.

    Best option: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.

    --
    Mike Brind
    Mike Brind, Jul 6, 2006

  3. Joel

    Rob Meade Guest

    "Joel" wrote ...

    > Anyone have any ideas? The applciation works fine in debug mode, its just
    > in release mode that this happens.

    Like Mike mentioned this isn't really the right group - however, one thing
    that's caught me out in the past was the project build configuration, it
    might be that you've got it only building your projects in DEBUG mode and
    not in RELEASE mode, couple this with a browser set to only show friendly
    error messages and this could be the cause..

    Hope this helps, and that you get it sorted ..

    Rob
    Rob Meade, Jul 6, 2006