    Thanks in advance.
    --
    Ixon

    Ixon, Dec 14, 2003

  2. Ixon

    brucie Guest

    in post <news:brhu2i$pq5$>
    Ixon said:

    > Does anybody know how to change a page displayed in IE after it cannot
    > connect to the internet ( "Page cannot be displayed ... etc. ") ?

    modify the AboutURLs section of the registry to point to your own error
    pages.

    --
    brucie
    15/December/2003 07:43:45 am kilo

    brucie, Dec 14, 2003

  3. Ixon <> wrote:
    > Does anybody know how to change a page displayed in IE after it cannot
    > connect to the internet ( "Page cannot be displayed ... etc. ") ?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    If you can do .htaccess then that would be best.
    http://www.google.com/search?q=custom 404
    --
    Michael Wilcox
    mjwilco at yahoo dot com

    Michael Wilcox, Dec 14, 2003
  4. "Michael Wilcox" <> wrote:

    > Ixon <> wrote:
    >> Does anybody know how to change a page displayed in IE after it
    >> cannot connect to the internet ( "Page cannot be displayed ...
    >> etc. ") ?
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance.

    > If you can do .htaccess then that would be best.
    > http://www.google.com/search?q=custom 404

    Well, .htaccess can hardly help if the browser cannot connect to the
    internet.

    The original question is somewhat obscure, and it might have been meant
    to ask something else than it actually did. But as posed, the question
    hardly has any other answer than "edit the Windows registry".

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

    Jukka K. Korpela, Dec 14, 2003
  5. Ixon

    Ixon Guest

    Uzytkownik "brucie" <> napisal w
    wiadomosci news:brinva$3p8dm$-berlin.de...
    > in post <news:brhu2i$pq5$>
    > Ixon said:
    >
    > > Does anybody know how to change a page displayed in IE after it

    cannot
    > > connect to the internet ( "Page cannot be displayed ... etc. ") ?

    > modify the AboutURLs section of the registry to point to your own

    error
    > pages.

    How can I find this "AboutURLs section" ?

    -Ixon

    Ixon, Dec 15, 2003
  6. Ixon

    brucie Guest

    in post <news:brkci5$op8$>
    Ixon said:

    >> modify the AboutURLs section of the registry to point to your own
    >> error pages.

    > How can I find this "AboutURLs section" ?

    i don't want to be responsible for your misery when it all falls apart
    so just google for how to customize abouturls.

    --
    brucie
    16/December/2003 12:10:37 am kilo

    brucie, Dec 15, 2003