Page cannot be displayed...

Ixon

Does anybody know how to change a page displayed in IE after it cannot
connect to the internet ( "Page cannot be displayed ... etc. ") ?

Thanks in advance.

brucie

Does anybody know how to change a page displayed in IE after it cannot
connect to the internet ( "Page cannot be displayed ... etc. ") ?

modify the AboutURLs section of the registry to point to your own error
pages.

Jukka K. Korpela

Michael Wilcox said:
If you can do .htaccess then that would be best.
http://www.google.com/search?q=custom+404

Well, .htaccess can hardly help if the browser cannot connect to the
internet.

The original question is somewhat obscure, and it might have been meant
to ask something else than it actually did. But as posed, the question
hardly has any other answer than "edit the Windows registry".

brucie

How can I find this "AboutURLs section" ?

i don't want to be responsible for your misery when it all falls apart
so just google for how to customize abouturls.