Page comes up blank

seanalex

I have a case with one page that if the page does not get any data for
it's datagrid on the page, the page refuses to render. I mean all the
text, images everything even the static stuff does not render. I have
checked and it does not generate an error, nor does it run the
page.Prerender event in the page or the base clase that the page is
derived from. I have another 100 pages that all work fine, just this
one. I was wondering if anyone had ever heard of a page that came up
blank before?

Pulling my hair out

Sean

Guest

Check a couple of things

1) On the HTML page that the declarations at the very top are still there
e.g. the bit reading

<%@ Page language=C# CodeBehind ...

2) Expand the Web Form Designer generated code region and make sure that the
overridden OnInit method is present and it is calling InitalizeComponent

3) And finally within Initialize component make sure that the handler for
load is being attached

seanalex

Thanks for the replies, I double checked the event handlers and they
are hooked up properly ( I am using VB so the handler slightly
different but there). I also double checked the OnInit in the page and
the Initialize component in the page and they both look the same as
other pages in the application, which also are derived from the
basepage class.
The thing that I find weird is that my Prerender event at the page
level does not fire, I am pretty sure that if I find the reason for
that then I will find the reason for why I have a white screen with
just the HTML and Body tags....nothing else.

Thanks for all the help so far

Sean