Page continuously refreshes

Discussion in 'HTML' started by PW, Oct 6, 2007.

  1. PW

    PW Guest

    One of my ASP's was working fine for a long time. Now it has started
    constantly refreshing itself. Everytime I run it I just get the first part
    of the page, then it refreshes itself, the rest of the page doesn't get
    displatyed, and this goes on continuously.

    The main sympton is that the select box thats being populated gets a
    different number of rows loaded into it each time. And the last row that
    gets loaded is always truncated. Its almost like theres some size
    limitation its encountering. I didn't think there was a limit on select
    boxes.

    The ASP is index.asp, and I have a form that submits it to itself.

    Even thought this is an ASP I think the problem could be with the select
    (html) box.

    Any help is greatly appreciated.

    I'm using WinXP Pro SP2, IIS, Access db.

    Here's the code segment ...

    <form method="GET" action="index.asp">
    <input type="submit" value="Ok" style="width:
    <%=Session("SystemButtonWidth")%>; height:
    <%=Session("SystemButtonheight")%>;">
    Q-TAGS SELECTION LIST (red lines indicate notes are attached)
    <SELECT name="lbESCI" size="7"
    style="font-size:10;color:BLACK;font-family:ARIAL">
    <%
    Do While Not rs1.EOF
    if len(rs1("NOTES")) > 0 then
    myOptionText = " class=red "
    else
    myOptionText = " class=black "
    end if

    if mySearchString <> "" then
    if rs1("ESCI") = mySearchString then
    response.write "<option selected " & myOptionText & ">"
    else
    response.write "<option " & myOptionText & ">"
    end if
    elseif rs1("ESCI") = left(myQueryString,6) then
    response.write "<option selected " & myOptionText & ">"
    else
    response.write "<option " & myOptionText & ">"
    end if

    myOption = rs1("ESCI") & " | " & rs1("ESCN")
    response.write myOption
    response.write "</option>"
    rs1.MoveNext
    Loop
    %>
    </select>
    </form>

    PW, Oct 6, 2007

  2. PW

    PW Guest

    The rs1 sql query is here ...

    mySQL = mySQL & "SELECT DISTINCT Qtags.ESCI, Qtags.ESCN, Notes.Notes "
    mySQL = mySQL & "FROM QTags LEFT JOIN Notes ON (QTags.ESCI = Notes.ESCI) "
    mySQL = mySQL & "ORDER BY Qtags.ESCI "
    rs1.open mySQL,myDSN

    PW, Oct 6, 2007

  3. PW

    PW Guest

    Heres some new info I just discovered.

    I changed one line of code ...

    myOption = rs1("ESCI") & " | " & rs1("ESCN")
    myOption = rs1("ESCI") & " | " & left(rs1("ESCN"),20)

    and it worked for about 10 tries of navigating around, then it went back to
    its old behavior.

    Sure seems like some kind of limit is being hit.

    PW, Oct 6, 2007
  4. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "PW" <>
    writing in news:RSLNi.6183$:

    > One of my ASP's was working fine for a long time. Now it has started
    > constantly refreshing itself. Everytime I run it I just get the first
    > part of the page, then it refreshes itself, the rest of the page
    > doesn't get displatyed, and this goes on continuously.

    Please don't multipost... answered in
    microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home