    watch out for spam trap in header

    http://www.davessite.co.uk
    Trike Power the TRUE Trinity

    ß Ø ® G, Jan 26, 2004

  2. ß Ø ® G

    ß Ø ® G Guest

    On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 02:49:17 +0000, ß Ø ® G <>
    wrote:

    >Hi
    >
    >I'm trying to find a free javascript affect that will make the changes
    >from one page to another in a browser look like the page is curling
    >over as if the pages of a book are turning over. Does anyone know of
    >one please. I have looked on google but the millions of pages that
    >come up seem void of such a thing :)

    this might help if you see where I want to use it

    http://www.davessite.co.uk\BOOKENTRY.HTM

    --
    E-Mail Addy obet(ng)qfy(qbg)cvcrk(qbg)pbz <---Rot13 it

    ß Ø ® G, Jan 26, 2004

  3. On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 02:49:17 +0000, ß Ø ® G <> wrote:

    > I'm trying to find a free javascript affect that will make the changes
    > from one page to another in a browser look like the page is curling
    > over as if the pages of a book are turning over. Does anyone know of
    > one please. I have looked on google but the millions of pages that
    > come up seem void of such a thing :)

    Something like Flash would be a better solution for this. JavaScript
    wasn't designed for intensive graphic manipulation, and providing a
    cross-browser solution will probably be next to impossible.

    Mike

    --
    Michael Winter

    Michael Winter, Jan 26, 2004
  4. > > I'm trying to find a free javascript affect that will make the changes
    > > from one page to another in a browser look like the page is curling
    > > over as if the pages of a book are turning over. Does anyone know of
    > > one please. I have looked on google but the millions of pages that
    > > come up seem void of such a thing :)

    > Something like Flash would be a better solution for this. JavaScript
    > wasn't designed for intensive graphic manipulation, and providing a
    > cross-browser solution will probably be next to impossible.

    Strictly speaking, it is Browsers that were not designed for intensive
    graphic manipulation. JavaScript is not the limiting thing here. In fact,
    Flash has a dialect of JavaScript in it, which would be used to produce the
    effect.

    http://www.crockford.com

    Douglas Crockford, Jan 26, 2004
  5. ß Ø ® G

    ß Ø ® G Guest

    On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 06:47:57 -0800, "Douglas Crockford"
    <> wrote:

    >> > I'm trying to find a free javascript affect that will make the changes
    >> > from one page to another in a browser look like the page is curling
    >> > over as if the pages of a book are turning over. Does anyone know of
    >> > one please. I have looked on google but the millions of pages that
    >> > come up seem void of such a thing :)

    >> Something like Flash would be a better solution for this. JavaScript
    >> wasn't designed for intensive graphic manipulation, and providing a
    >> cross-browser solution will probably be next to impossible.

    >Strictly speaking, it is Browsers that were not designed for intensive
    >graphic manipulation. JavaScript is not the limiting thing here. In fact,
    >Flash has a dialect of JavaScript in it, which would be used to produce the
    >effect.
    >
    >http://www.crockford.com

    never used flash at all so I have no idea if it would be easy to do or
    anything.

    Thanks for the help. I did find one page transformation script but it
    didn't fold, a side peel would be ok though

    ß Ø ® G, Jan 26, 2004
  6. On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 06:47:57 -0800, Douglas Crockford <>
    wrote:

    >> JavaScript wasn't designed for intensive graphic manipulation, and
    >> providing a cross-browser solution will probably be next to impossible.

    > Strictly speaking, it is Browsers that were not designed for intensive
    > graphic manipulation. JavaScript is not the limiting thing here. In fact,
    > Flash has a dialect of JavaScript in it, which would be used to produce
    > the effect.

    I meant JavaScript in the context of browsers. I'm well aware that
    JavaScript, or more precisely ECMAScript, has applications beyond that of
    client-side web site scripting.

    Mike

    --
    Michael Winter

    Michael Winter, Jan 26, 2004
  7. > >> JavaScript wasn't designed for intensive graphic manipulation, and
    > >> providing a cross-browser solution will probably be next to impossible.

    > > Strictly speaking, it is Browsers that were not designed for intensive
    > > graphic manipulation. JavaScript is not the limiting thing here. In

    fact,
    > > Flash has a dialect of JavaScript in it, which would be used to produce
    > > the effect.

    > I meant JavaScript in the context of browsers. I'm well aware that
    > JavaScript, or more precisely ECMAScript, has applications beyond that of
    > client-side web site scripting.

    Of course you were. I pointed it out for the benefit of the underclassmen.

    http://www.crockford.com/javascript/javascript.html

    Douglas Crockford, Jan 26, 2004
  8. ß Ø ® G

    Jim Ley Guest

    On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 13:05:17 GMT, Michael Winter
    <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 02:49:17 +0000, ß Ø ® G <> wrote:
    >
    >> I'm trying to find a free javascript affect that will make the changes
    >> from one page to another in a browser look like the page is curling
    >> over as if the pages of a book are turning over. Does anyone know of
    >> one please. I have looked on google but the millions of pages that
    >> come up seem void of such a thing :)

    >Something like Flash would be a better solution for this. JavaScript
    >wasn't designed for intensive graphic manipulation, and providing a
    >cross-browser solution will probably be next to impossible.

    You could do this in IE4, and probably still can, I even posted the
    script once... It was a crap effect then though, and still is now.

    Jim.

    Jim Ley, Jan 26, 2004