Page design recommendation wanted

staeri

I'm going to show free weeks in a booking system in a grid.

The user needs to be able to select which cities and products should
be included in the search of free weeks and I need help with designing
this in a user friendly way. There are about 10 cities and 100
products.

How would you design this?

I'm looking forward to your reply!

// SE

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

First, you will probably want to denormalize the database a bit so it has a
concept of what a week is. Then finding non-booked items is as easy as

SELECT * FROM Items
WHERE ItemID not in (SELECT ItemID FROM Bookings WHERE BookingWeek =
@bookingWeek)

You would then supply the booking week parameter to the mix.

This works provided a week is always linear and there is no overlap.
Otherwise you use dates.

If you have to go by dates, you can do it, but the query gets a bit more
complex. You also have to make sure you keep bookings in the system
properly.

I would google and see if you can find a schema diagram for a booking
system. I would imagine there is at least one out there. You might even luck
out and find a sample open source project. Even if you do not use all of the
code, seeing how it is done is a great learning exercise.