Page dont show right on some monitors

Harlan Messinger

Hi: Can any one please suggest me what i do changes in the page as i
check on some other monitors may be a resolution problem as the page
dont show right on some screens.

http://www.southeastneurology.com/testsite/indexnew.html

Of course, I don't know what it's *supposed* to look like. It looks fine
if you overlook the fact that you've got a big banner graphic as wide as
the content that has no words of any kind on it, just a telephone button
and a home button. Well, no, actually, the curves on this banner don't
flow properly into the two light blue curves on a white background below
it, or into the blue patch at the top of the photo. Something's wrong.
This is in Firefox 3.

Switching to IE7, the problems are the same, but now there's a row of
buttons between the banner graphic above and the photo and light blue
curves below. On the other hand, you've got an animation going on in the
right column that wasn't working in Firefox, where all I saw was a brain.

It looks like you've created this page by copying and pasting some very
old code. For one thing, it checks for screen resizing in Netscape 4, a
browser that virtually no one has used for years (while, as I noted,
your page is missing key features in the popular browser Firefox 3).
Also, you have plenty of CSS, yet you are using font tags, which are
long since outmoded and defeat the purpose of using CSS. Further, your
document type declaration claims that your page is XHTML, but it most
assuredly is not, so perhaps some of the problems you are finding lie
therein.

As I said, I can't give you specifics because I don't know the entirety
of what you think the problems are, but I don't think it's a matter of a
simple fix. I think you need a better understanding of how HTML and CSS
work.

nice.guy.nige

While the city slept, (e-mail address removed) feverishly typed:
Hi: Can any one please suggest me what i do changes in the page as i
check on some other monitors may be a resolution problem as the page
dont show right on some screens.

You might want to define "dont show right". What is / are the problem /
problems? What are you expecting to see that you aren't seeing on some
systems, what are you not expecting to see that you are seeing on some
systems?

Incidentally, you are using javascript to generate your menu. In Firefox 3 I
don't see the menu at all. In IE7 I do. As such, it is highly likely that
your most important visitor will not be able to see your menu, and therefore
will not be able to navigate through your site. That visitor is called
"Googlebot" ;-)

Cheers,
Nige