    but line 115 can't be related to the action of clicking textboxes or combo
    boxes- because line 115 is part of code that only happens when a command
    button is pressed, so evidently it is related to something else.

    =?Utf-8?B?am9uZWZlcg==?=, Feb 7, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?am9uZWZlcg==?=

    Mark Rae Guest

    "jonefer" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > The error says Line 115
    > Error: Object expected

    That is a typical client-side JavaScript error - are you using any
    JavaScript...?

    Mark Rae, Feb 7, 2007

  3. Yes. I will display the code, but let me preface it with - I have taken the
    code out and I still get the error.

    Here is the code (this piece is in the Page_Init) part... the java script
    is below this
    Protected Sub Page_Init(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs)
    Handles Me.Init

    'sets a session timeout count
    'that calls a java script at the bottom of this page's asp.net source
    'the alert lets the user know that their session has expired and
    they will be automatically
    're-credentialled.

    'this is accomplished by sending the user back to the
    'FindMember.aspx'
    'the FindMember.aspx page automatically handles the SUC machine
    situation
    'so if the user logged on from a SUC machine and it times out
    'they will prompted with a LOGIN

    'Regular machine users will simply see the 'Member Search' page.

    Dim intRedirectTime As Integer = 2
    mintTimeout = (Session.Timeout - intRedirectTime) * 60000
    mstrLoginURL = ResolveUrl("~/FindMember.aspx")

    End Sub

    This code is on the ASP.NET Source right before the Ending Body tag
    <script language="javascript">
    window.setTimeout("endSession();",<%=mintTimeout%>);
    function endSession()
    {
    alert('Your session has timed out, Re-checking your
    credentials.');window.location='FindMember.aspx';
    }
    </script>

    =?Utf-8?B?am9uZWZlcg==?=, Feb 7, 2007
  4. actually - I FOUND IT!
    it was another -stray piece of Java script that I had attached to the
    beginning table tag.

    That was a perfect tip.

    =?Utf-8?B?am9uZWZlcg==?=, Feb 7, 2007