Page expiring

tshad

I get this error in some cases where I am hitting my Back button in IE.

Warning: Page has Expired The page you requested was created using
information you submitted in a form. This page is no longer available. As a
security precaution, Internet Explorer does not automatically resubmit your
information for you.

To resubmit your information and view this Web page, click the Refresh
button.

I don't have this problem in Mozilla or Firefox with the same pages.

This is very irritating for our users. Is there a way to force IE to do the
refresh automatically?

It is also not very consistant. It will happen to some pages and not others
and all are pages are dynamic data.

Thanks,

Tom

Charles

I think its actually a very valuable error... and wish other browsers
would follow suite. Think about the implications of double post backs.

Perhaps you could remove the need for the user to use the back button
through your site? Often users are happy enough click links and buttons
inside the page than the back button at the top.

Joerg Jooss

Charles said:
I think its actually a very valuable error... and wish other browsers
would follow suite. Think about the implications of double post backs.

It's not an error, it's a warning, and it's up to browser's
implementation to use such a notification.
Perhaps you could remove the need for the user to use the back button
through your site? Often users are happy enough click links and
buttons inside the page than the back button at the top.

Or fix it using Redirect-after-Post.

Cheers,