Page expiring

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by tshad, Nov 29, 2005.

  1. tshad

    tshad Guest

    I get this error in some cases where I am hitting my Back button in IE.

    Warning: Page has Expired The page you requested was created using
    information you submitted in a form. This page is no longer available. As a
    security precaution, Internet Explorer does not automatically resubmit your
    information for you.

    To resubmit your information and view this Web page, click the Refresh
    button.

    I don't have this problem in Mozilla or Firefox with the same pages.

    This is very irritating for our users. Is there a way to force IE to do the
    refresh automatically?

    It is also not very consistant. It will happen to some pages and not others
    and all are pages are dynamic data.

    Thanks,

    Tom

    tshad, Nov 29, 2005

  2. tshad

    Charles Guest

    I think its actually a very valuable error... and wish other browsers
    would follow suite. Think about the implications of double post backs.

    Perhaps you could remove the need for the user to use the back button
    through your site? Often users are happy enough click links and buttons
    inside the page than the back button at the top.

    Charles, Nov 29, 2005

  3. tshad

    Joerg Jooss Guest

    Charles wrote:

    > I think its actually a very valuable error... and wish other browsers
    > would follow suite. Think about the implications of double post backs.

    It's not an error, it's a warning, and it's up to browser's
    implementation to use such a notification.

    > Perhaps you could remove the need for the user to use the back button
    > through your site? Often users are happy enough click links and
    > buttons inside the page than the back button at the top.

    Or fix it using Redirect-after-Post.

    Cheers,
    --
    http://www.joergjooss.de
    mailto:

    Joerg Jooss, Nov 29, 2005
  4. tshad

    Charles Guest

    This is true, though its hard on viewstates.

    Charles

    Charles, Nov 29, 2005