page flashing..

EMW

Hi,

On my ASPx.NET page I have quite a lot of controls, so it takes a little
time to build it.
Because of this when you click on a button, the page is redrawn and whatever
the action was, the page is changed.
But most of the time, not always strangely enough, there is a white page
when the old page (the page is in black background) is discarded and the new
page is loaded.
So everytime one clicks on a button, you'll get a white flash on your
screen.
This is quite annoying, so my question: Is there a way to prevent this?

Like I said, sometimes the page is just changed and there is no flash...I
would like this always, but how?

rg,
Eric

Alvin Bruney [MVP]

Short answer, no. you can use smart navigation but it is not without its
problems

Dan Brussee

Hi,

On my ASPx.NET page I have quite a lot of controls, so it takes a little
time to build it.
Because of this when you click on a button, the page is redrawn and whatever
the action was, the page is changed.
But most of the time, not always strangely enough, there is a white page
when the old page (the page is in black background) is discarded and the new
page is loaded.
So everytime one clicks on a button, you'll get a white flash on your
screen.
This is quite annoying, so my question: Is there a way to prevent this?

Like I said, sometimes the page is just changed and there is no flash...I
would like this always, but how?

Depends on the speed of the page download. If it's slower then there
will be a flash. What are you doing on the server that requires the
new data? Can this be done another way that does not require a
roundtrip each time?

EMW

For our planning we now use an excel sheet and I'm trying to accomplish a
bit of the same on my page, but then with imagebuttons.
My problem is the amount of buttons, 31 per row and 33 rows....
When I use the checkbox I don't have the flashingproblem because it doens't
have to post back to the server, that will be done when the user clicks on a
button.
I also want to be able to put extra information via a textbox in the
database for each day and each person. In excel that is done by the comments

I've tried the same with a datagrid, but then I couldn't figure out how to
control the imagebuttons in each cell.

Maybe I'm over my head here.....

rg,
Eric

P.s. Thanks Alvin, Steve and Dan for replying.