    know if i can make a workaround to solve this. Maybe by unloading the NFOP
    assembly and reloading it?

    Can anyone help in this, please?
    Joey, Sep 6, 2006

  2. Joey

    Joey Guest

    Hi,

    thanks for your reply.

    NFOP is an open source library written in J#, if you need to generate PDF
    files without using Crystal Reports or without forking out $$$ in a
    commercial component its the tool you need.

    Ideally yes, one should not change the web.config once the app is in
    production. However, this is not always possible due to on going updates to
    the app, as an example.

    After updating the web.config, the only thing to do is to restart IIS in
    order to make this assembly work :(, which is not very pleasant thing to do
    on the live servers.

    Therefore i was thinking of writing something to make the assembly reload as
    a workaround, maybe it helps - i don't know.

    I'm looking for someone who can give me a better idea to solve or workaround
    this!

    "Eliyahu Goldin" <> wrote in
    message news:%...

    Joey, Sep 6, 2006

  3. I have no idea what NFOP is, just be aware that changing the web.config file

    Eliyahu Goldin, Sep 6, 2006
  4. Joey

    Joey Guest

    thanks for the lead! i'll try it out!

    "Eliyahu Goldin" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Joey, Sep 6, 2006
  5. Joey

    Joey Guest

    unfortunately this didn't solve it, i.e. i still need to restart IIS in
    order to get it to work :(

    i'm still open for ideas.

    Joey, Sep 6, 2006
  6. You can setup an application pool in the IIS and recycle it as needed. It

    Eliyahu Goldin, Sep 6, 2006