Page has Expired - using html input control (type=file)

Guest

I have an aspx page with a data grid, some textboxes, and an update button.
This page also has one html input element with type=file (not inside the data
grid and runat=server).

The update button will verify the information that has been entered and
updates the data base if the data is correct. Update will throw an exception
if the data is not validate based on some given rules. I also have a custom
error handling page to show the exceptions (following lines).

protected void Application_Error(Object sender, EventArgs e)
{
Exception ex = Server.GetLastError().GetBaseException();
Session["MyErr"] = ex.Message.ToString();
Server.ClearError();
Response.Write("<script language='javascript'>history.go(-1);
window.open('MyErrorPage.aspx','Error','scrollbars=yes,width=500,height=120');</script>");
}

My problem is that when I get the exception on my aspx page (generated by
the update) and try to go to my previous page (history.go(-1)) I get the
“Warning: Page has Expired†message and when I refresh the page I loose all
my changes. The page was showing up fine before adding the input element.

Is there a way to avoid getting the “Page has Expired†message?

Thank you,

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Nathan,

Welcome to ASPNET newsgroup.
From your description, you're redireting the current user to a custom error
page and make the main window display the previous page when there occurs
unhandled exceptio in the asp.net app. However, you're always gettting the
"page has Expired ..." message,yes?

As for the "Page has expired..." message, it is populated by the clientside
browser when the browser find a certain page record's clientside cache has
expired or event haven't been cached at clientside. So what's the page
you're gong to navigate back through the history.go(-1); ? If it's the
pages in the same web application, then have they been set some expiration
policy which makes them expired immediately (not cached ) at client side?
Or have you tested visting the application from some other clients to see
whether all the clients will have the same behavior so as to make sure this
is not a clientside browsr setting issue.

Thanks,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

--------------------
| From: =?Utf-8?B?TmF0aGFu?= <[email protected]>
| Subject: Page has Expired - using html input control (type=file)
| Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 16:12:02 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
|
| I have an aspx page with a data grid, some textboxes, and an update
button.
| This page also has one html input element with type=file (not inside the
data
| grid and runat=server).
|
| The update button will verify the information that has been entered and
| updates the data base if the data is correct. Update will throw an
exception
| if the data is not validate based on some given rules. I also have a
custom
| error handling page to show the exceptions (following lines).
|
| protected void Application_Error(Object sender, EventArgs e)
| {
| Exception ex = Server.GetLastError().GetBaseException();
| Session["MyErr"] = ex.Message.ToString();
| Server.ClearError();
| Response.Write("<script language='javascript'>history.go(-1);

window.open('MyErrorPage.aspx','Error','scrollbars=yes,width=500,height=120'
);</script>");
| }
|
| My problem is that when I get the exception on my aspx page (generated by
| the update) and try to go to my previous page (history.go(-1)) I get the
| “Warning: Page has Expired�message and when I refresh the page I
loose all
| my changes. The page was showing up fine before adding the input element.
|
| Is there a way to avoid getting the “Page has Expired�message?
|
| Thank you,

Guest

Yes. It used to work fine and I was able to see the page, but once I added
the html input tag to my page I start getting the Page has Expired message.

We don’t have any expiration set for the client side pages. I tested my page
on Netscape 7.2 and it works fine (I don’t get the Page Expired).

Here is a sample setup to recreate this problem:
1- Create a web application
2- In WebForm1.aspx add three controls
<asp:Button id="Button1" runat="server"
Text="Button1"></asp:Button>
<INPUT type="file" id="cFile" runat="server">
<asp:Button id="Button2" runat="server"
Text="Button2"></asp:Button>
3- Update the Global.asax
protected void Application_Error(Object sender, EventArgs e)
{
Response.Clear();
Exception objErr = Server.GetLastError().GetBaseException();
Session["MyErr"] = objErr.Message.ToString();
Server.ClearError();
Response.Write("<SCRIPT
language='javascript'>history.go(-1);
window.open('http://www.msn.ca','PopUp','scrollbars=yes,width=500,height=400');</SCRIPT>");
}
4- For each one of the Buttons create an onclick event handler
5- In the onclick event of Button2 put the following line of code
throw new Exception("My exception");
6- Run the application
7- First click button1 and then click button2, you should see the Page has
Expired message

Note: If you remove the INPUT control (or remove the runat=server from INPUT
control) the error won't happen.

Steven Cheng said:
Hi Nathan,

Welcome to ASPNET newsgroup.
From your description, you're redireting the current user to a custom error
page and make the main window display the previous page when there occurs
unhandled exceptio in the asp.net app. However, you're always gettting the
"page has Expired ..." message,yes?

As for the "Page has expired..." message, it is populated by the clientside
browser when the browser find a certain page record's clientside cache has
expired or event haven't been cached at clientside. So what's the page
you're gong to navigate back through the history.go(-1); ? If it's the
pages in the same web application, then have they been set some expiration
policy which makes them expired immediately (not cached ) at client side?
Or have you tested visting the application from some other clients to see
whether all the clients will have the same behavior so as to make sure this
is not a clientside browsr setting issue.

Thanks,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

--------------------
| From: =?Utf-8?B?TmF0aGFu?= <[email protected]>
| Subject: Page has Expired - using html input control (type=file)
| Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 16:12:02 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
|
| I have an aspx page with a data grid, some textboxes, and an update
button.
| This page also has one html input element with type=file (not inside the
data
| grid and runat=server).
|
| The update button will verify the information that has been entered and
| updates the data base if the data is correct. Update will throw an
exception
| if the data is not validate based on some given rules. I also have a
custom
| error handling page to show the exceptions (following lines).
|
| protected void Application_Error(Object sender, EventArgs e)
| {
| Exception ex = Server.GetLastError().GetBaseException();
| Session["MyErr"] = ex.Message.ToString();
| Server.ClearError();
| Response.Write("<script language='javascript'>history.go(-1);

window.open('MyErrorPage.aspx','Error','scrollbars=yes,width=500,height=120'
);</script>");
| }
|
| My problem is that when I get the exception on my aspx page (generated by
| the update) and try to go to my previous page (history.go(-1)) I get the
| “Warning: Page has Expired�message and when I refresh the page I
loose all
| my changes. The page was showing up fine before adding the input element.
|
| Is there a way to avoid getting the “Page has Expired�message?
|
| Thank you,

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Thanks for your response Nathan,

As for the behavior you mentioned, it is likely due to browser's history
behavior for handling post submit history. When we put input entry fields
on page and hit submit , this request contains forms data ,and when we hit
back button, the browser may prevent the content from displaying .
However, by default this should not happen since based on my local
test(through the steps you provided) , I didn't ecounter the "page
expired..." warning message. I'm thinking whether your webserver has
configured some certain http header which cause the behavior. Have you
checked your IIS server to see whether there are any http headers
configured in the site or virtual dir setting?

Also, you can test on some other server to see whether you also get this
behavior. To test this, we can simply create a page which has a text field
and a submit button. After submit the page through the submit button , hit
the "back" button on browser to see whether you can correctly get the
previous view of the page.

> [...]

| > "page has Expired ..." message,yes?
| >
| > As for the "Page has expired..." message, it is populated by the
clientside
| > browser when the browser find a certain page record's clientside cache
has
| > expired or event haven't been cached at clientside. So what's the page
| > you're gong to navigate back through the history.go(-1); ? If it's the
| > pages in the same web application, then have they been set some
expiration
| > policy which makes them expired immediately (not cached ) at client
side?
| > Or have you tested visting the application from some other clients to
see
| > whether all the clients will have the same behavior so as to make sure
this
| > is not a clientside browsr setting issue.

| > |
| > | I have an aspx page with a data grid, some textboxes, and an update
| > button.
| > | This page also has one html input element with type=file (not inside
the
| > data
| > | grid and runat=server).
| > |
| > | The update button will verify the information that has been entered
and
| > | updates the data base if the data is correct. Update will throw an
| > exception
| > | if the data is not validate based on some given rules. I also have a
| > custom
| > | error handling page to show the exceptions (following lines).
| > |
| > | protected void Application_Error(Object sender, EventArgs e)
| > | {
| > | Exception ex = Server.GetLastError().GetBaseException();
| > | Session["MyErr"] = ex.Message.ToString();
| > | Server.ClearError();
| > | Response.Write("<script language='javascript'>history.go(-1);
| > |

window.open('MyErrorPage.aspx','Error','scrollbars=yes,width=500,height=120'
| > );</script>");
| > | }
| > |
| > | My problem is that when I get the exception on my aspx page
(generated by
| > | the update) and try to go to my previous page (history.go(-1)) I get
the
| > | “Warning: Page has Expiredâ�message and when I refresh the
page I
| > loose all
| > | my changes. The page was showing up fine before adding the input
element.
| > |
| > | Is there a way to avoid getting the “Page has ExpiredÃ
¢â‚?message?
| > |
| > | Thank you,
| > |
| > |

Guest

Thanks Steven,

We are using the default settings for the page expiration on the IIS (check
box cleared). In order to get the error you have to have ‘runat=server’ set
for the input control. You also have to first click on the Button1 to do a
postback and then Button2 to throw the exception (the order of clicking the
buttons is important to create the error).

Steven Cheng said:
> [...]

| > Or have you tested visting the application from some other clients to
see
| > whether all the clients will have the same behavior so as to make sure
this
| > is not a clientside browsr setting issue.
| >
| > Thanks,
| >
| > Steven Cheng
| > Microsoft Online Support

| > rights.)
| >

| > --------------------
| > | From: =?Utf-8?B?TmF0aGFu?= <[email protected]>
| > | Subject: Page has Expired - using html input control (type=file)
| > | Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 16:12:02 -0700
| > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
| > |
| > | I have an aspx page with a data grid, some textboxes, and an update
| > button.
| > | This page also has one html input element with type=file (not inside
| > |
| > | The update button will verify the information that has been entered
and
| > | updates the data base if the data is correct. Update will throw an
| > exception
| > | if the data is not validate based on some given rules. I also have a
| > custom
| > | error handling page to show the exceptions (following lines).
| > |
| > | protected void Application_Error(Object sender, EventArgs e)
| > | {
| > | Exception ex = Server.GetLastError().GetBaseException();
| > | Session["MyErr"] = ex.Message.ToString();
| > | Server.ClearError();
| > | Response.Write("<script language='javascript'>history.go(-1);
| > |

window.open('MyErrorPage.aspx','Error','scrollbars=yes,width=500,height=120'
| > );</script>");
| > | }
| > |
| > | My problem is that when I get the exception on my aspx page
(generated by
| > | the update) and try to go to my previous page (history.go(-1)) I get
the
| > | “Warning: Page has Expiredâ�message and when I refresh the
page I
| > loose all
| > | my changes. The page was showing up fine before adding the input
element.
| > |
| > | Is there a way to avoid getting the “Page has ExpiredÃ
¢â‚?message?
| > |
| > | Thank you,
| > |
| > |

Guest

Thanks Steven,

Yes, please attach the simple project and instruction, then we can test.

Regards

Steven Cheng said:
Thanks for the response Nathan,

Yes, I did follow the squence you mentioned and I know that click another
postback button is the important thing becaue this cause the former record
in the browser's history contains posted form data. However, as I mentioned
earilier, by default there should not occur "Page expired ...." message. If
you think necessary I can attached a simple project which contains a page
and the global file which run without the problem on my side so that you
can test on your side.

Thanks,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

--------------------
| From: =?Utf-8?B?TmF0aGFu?= <[email protected]>
| Subject: RE: Page has Expired - using html input control (type=file)
| Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 10:30:02 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
|
| Thanks Steven,
|
| We are using the default settings for the page expiration on the IIS
(check
| box cleared). In order to get the error you have to have ‘
runat=server�set
| for the input control. You also have to first click on the Button1 to do
| postback and then Button2 to throw the exception (the order of clicking
the
| buttons is important to create the error).
|
| "Steven Cheng[MSFT]" wrote:
|
| > Thanks for your response Nathan,
| >
| > As for the behavior you mentioned, it is likely due to browser's
history
| > behavior for handling post submit history. When we put input entry
fields
| > on page and hit submit , this request contains forms data ,and when we
hit
| > back button, the browser may prevent the content from displaying .
| > However, by default this should not happen since based on my local
| > test(through the steps you provided) , I didn't ecounter the "page
| > expired..." warning message. I'm thinking whether your webserver has
| > configured some certain http header which cause the behavior. Have you
| > checked your IIS server to see whether there are any http headers
| > configured in the site or virtual dir setting?
| >
| > Also, you can test on some other server to see whether you also get
this
| > behavior. To test this, we can simply create a page which has a text
field
| > and a submit button. After submit the page through the submit button ,
hit
| > the "back" button on browser to see whether you can correctly get the
| > previous view of the page.
| >
| > Thanks,
| >
| > Steven Cheng
| > Microsoft Online Support

| > rights.)
| >

| > --------------------
| > | From: =?Utf-8?B?TmF0aGFu?= <[email protected]>
| > | Subject: RE: Page has Expired - using html input control (type=file)
| > | Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 11:48:26 -0700
| > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
| > |
| > | Yes. It used to work fine and I was able to see the page, but once I
| > added
| > | the html input tag to my page I start getting the Page has Expired
| > message.
| > |
| > | We don’t have any expiration set for the client side pages. I
tested my
| > page
| > | on Netscape 7.2 and it works fine (I don’t get the Page
Expired).
| > |
| > | Here is a sample setup to recreate this problem:
| > | 1- Create a web application
| > | 2- In WebForm1.aspx add three controls
| > | <asp:Button id="Button1" runat="server"
| > | Text="Button1"></asp:Button>
| > | <INPUT type="file" id="cFile" runat="server">
| > | <asp:Button id="Button2" runat="server"
| > | Text="Button2"></asp:Button>
| > | 3- Update the Global.asax
| > | protected void Application_Error(Object sender, EventArgs e)
| > | {
| > | Response.Clear();
| > | Exception objErr =
| > Server.GetLastError().GetBaseException();
| > | Session["MyErr"] = objErr.Message.ToString();
| > | Server.ClearError();
| > | Response.Write("<SCRIPT
| > | language='javascript'>history.go(-1);
| > |

window.open('http://www.msn.ca','PopUp','scrollbars=yes,width=500,height=400
| > ');</SCRIPT>");
| > | }
| > | 4- For each one of the Buttons create an onclick event handler
| > | 5- In the onclick event of Button2 put the following line of code
| > | throw new Exception("My exception");
| > | 6- Run the application
| > | 7- First click button1 and then click button2, you should see the
Page
| > has
| > | Expired message
| > |
| > | Note: If you remove the INPUT control (or remove the runat=server
from
| > INPUT
| > | control) the error won't happen.
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > | "Steven Cheng[MSFT]" wrote:
| > |

| > error
| > occurs
| > the

| > clientside
| > has
| > expiration
| > side?
| > see
| > this

| > the
| > | > |
| > and
| > | > |
language='javascript'>history.go(-1);
| > | > |

window.open('MyErrorPage.aspx','Error','scrollbars=yes,width=500,height=120'
| > | > |
| > (generated by
| > the
when I refresh the
| > page I
| > element.
| > | > |
ExpiredÃ

Guest

In order to get the error you need to use an input tag with type=file.
Without using that control we don’t have any problem, as soon as we add that
control we start getting the Page Expired error. On your sample program
please change one of the TextBox controls to the following:

<input id="File1" type="file" runat="server">

And try again.

Steven Cheng said:
Hi Nathan,

I've attached my test project in this message. You can get it through OE to
download the attached zip file.

Thanks,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)
--------------------
| From: =?Utf-8?B?TmF0aGFu?= <[email protected]>
| Subject: RE: Page has Expired - using html input control (type=file)
| Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 09:28:06 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
|
| Thanks Steven,
|
| Yes, please attach the simple project and instruction, then we can test.
|
| Regards
|
| "Steven Cheng[MSFT]" wrote:
|
| > Thanks for the response Nathan,
| >
| > Yes, I did follow the squence you mentioned and I know that click
another
| > postback button is the important thing becaue this cause the former
record
| > in the browser's history contains posted form data. However, as I
mentioned
| > earilier, by default there should not occur "Page expired ...."
message. If
| > you think necessary I can attached a simple project which contains a
page
| > and the global file which run without the problem on my side so that
you
| > can test on your side.
| >
| > Thanks,
| >
| > Steven Cheng
| > Microsoft Online Support

| > rights.)
| >
| > --------------------
| > | From: =?Utf-8?B?TmF0aGFu?= <[email protected]>
| > | Subject: RE: Page has Expired - using html input control (type=file)
| > | Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 10:30:02 -0700
| > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
| > |
| > | Thanks Steven,
| > |
| > | We are using the default settings for the page expiration on the IIS
| > (check
| > | box cleared). In order to get the error you have to have â€Ë?
runat=serverâ�set
| > | for the input control. You also have to first click on the Button1 to
do
| > | postback and then Button2 to throw the exception (the order of
clicking
| > the
| > | buttons is important to create the error).
| > |
| > | "Steven Cheng[MSFT]" wrote:
| > |

| > history
| > fields
| > hit

| > this
| > field
| > hit

Expired
| > | > |
side pages. I
| > tested my
the Page
| > Expired).
| > | > |
EventArgs e)
| > | > |

window.open('http://www.msn.ca','PopUp','scrollbars=yes,width=500,height=400
| > Page
| > | > |
| > from
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |

| > custom
| > gettting

| > cache
| > page
| > the
| > sure

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Thanks for your further followup Nathan,

Yes, you're right, I missed the type="file" in your former message. I did
got the "Page Page has Expired ..." error,also some times get "page can not
display ..." message. Based on some further research , this behavior do
caused by the IE browser which block the former history (post version) .
When there're input file field on the page, and we submit a post request,
the IE browser won't allow the previous view display again from cache.
Currently I haven't found any certain configuration in the IE browser, for
an alertnative approach, we may consider use response.redirect to locate
the user to
the same page as the error occured rather than use the history back
script.

Thanks,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

--------------------
| From: =?Utf-8?B?TmF0aGFu?= <[email protected]>
| Subject: RE: Page has Expired - using html input control (type=file)
| Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 17:07:05 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
|
| In order to get the error you need to use an input tag with type=file.
| Without using that control we don’t have any problem, as soon as we add
that
| control we start getting the Page Expired error. On your sample program
| please change one of the TextBox controls to the following:
|
| <input id="File1" type="file" runat="server">
|
| And try again.
|

| "Steven Cheng[MSFT]" wrote:
|
| > Hi Nathan,
| >
| > I've attached my test project in this message. You can get it through
OE to
| > download the attached zip file.
| >
| > Thanks,
| >
| > Steven Cheng
| > Microsoft Online Support

| > rights.)
| > --------------------
| > | From: =?Utf-8?B?TmF0aGFu?= <[email protected]>
| > | Subject: RE: Page has Expired - using html input control (type=file)
| > | Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 09:28:06 -0700
| > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
| > |
| > | Thanks Steven,
| > |
| > | Yes, please attach the simple project and instruction, then we can
test.
| > |
| > | Regards
| > |
| > | "Steven Cheng[MSFT]" wrote:
| > |

| > another
| > record
| > mentioned
| > message. If
| > page
| > you

| > | > |
IIS
| > > runat=serverââ�set
Button1 to
| > do
| > clicking
| > | > |
| > | > |

| > we
| > has
Have
| > you

| > text
| > button ,
| > the

| > no

| > (type=file)
| > once I
| > Expired
| > | > | > |
expiration set for the client
| > side pages. I
‚¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢t get
| > the Page
| > | > | > |
| > EventArgs e)
| > | > | > |

window.open('http://www.msn.ca','PopUp','scrollbars=yes,width=500,height=400

| > | > | > |
| > | > | > |
| > | > | > |
| > | > | > |
| > | > | > |

| > there

| > the
| > clientside
| > the
If
| > it's
at
| > client
| > clients
| > make

Guest

We can not use Response.Redirect because we will lose the user input on the
page. Any work around or fix? We need to deliver a project pretty soon!

Steven Cheng said:
Thanks for your further followup Nathan,

Yes, you're right, I missed the type="file" in your former message. I did
got the "Page Page has Expired ..." error,also some times get "page can not
display ..." message. Based on some further research , this behavior do
caused by the IE browser which block the former history (post version) .
When there're input file field on the page, and we submit a post request,
the IE browser won't allow the previous view display again from cache.
Currently I haven't found any certain configuration in the IE browser, for
an alertnative approach, we may consider use response.redirect to locate
the user to
the same page as the error occured rather than use the history back
script.

Thanks,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

--------------------
| From: =?Utf-8?B?TmF0aGFu?= <[email protected]>
| Subject: RE: Page has Expired - using html input control (type=file)
| Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 17:07:05 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
|
| In order to get the error you need to use an input tag with type=file.
| Without using that control we don’t have any problem, as soon as we add
that
| control we start getting the Page Expired error. On your sample program
| please change one of the TextBox controls to the following:
|
| <input id="File1" type="file" runat="server">
|
| And try again.
|

| "Steven Cheng[MSFT]" wrote:
|
| > Hi Nathan,
| >
| > I've attached my test project in this message. You can get it through
OE to
| > download the attached zip file.
| >
| > Thanks,
| >
| > Steven Cheng
| > Microsoft Online Support

| > rights.)
| > --------------------
| > | From: =?Utf-8?B?TmF0aGFu?= <[email protected]>
| > | Subject: RE: Page has Expired - using html input control (type=file)
| > | Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 09:28:06 -0700
| > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
| > |
| > | Thanks Steven,
| > |
| > | Yes, please attach the simple project and instruction, then we can
test.
| > |
| > | Regards
| > |
| > | "Steven Cheng[MSFT]" wrote:
| > |

| > another
| > record
| > mentioned
| > message. If
| > page
| > you

| > | > |
IIS
| > > runat=serverââ�set
Button1 to
| > do
| > clicking
| > | > |
| > | > |

| > we
| > has
Have
| > you

| > text
| > button ,
| > the

| > no

| > (type=file)
| > once I
| > Expired
| > | > | > |
expiration set for the client
| > side pages. I

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for your response. Currently I haven't known any means (at least
through the webpage http header ) which can control the IE's clientside
behavior. I'll consult some other IE guys to see whether we can get any
ways to workaround this. I'll update you when I got any new info.

Thanks,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)
--------------------
| From: =?Utf-8?B?TmF0aGFu?= <[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<UszjP#[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<TTZ04#[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
| Subject: RE: Page has Expired - using html input control (type=file)
| Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 01:15:06 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
|
| We can not use Response.Redirect because we will lose the user input on
the
| page. Any work around or fix? We need to deliver a project pretty soon!
|
| "Steven Cheng[MSFT]" wrote:
|
| > Thanks for your further followup Nathan,
| >
| > Yes, you're right, I missed the type="file" in your former message. I
did
| > got the "Page Page has Expired ..." error,also some times get "page can
not
| > display ..." message. Based on some further research , this behavior
do
| > caused by the IE browser which block the former history (post version)

Guest

Thanks Steven,
Please provide a solution at your earliest convenience. We are so
desparately want to get it resolve.
Nathan.

.
| > When there're input file field on the page, and we submit a post
request,
| > the IE browser won't allow the previous view display again from cache.
| > Currently I haven't found any certain configuration in the IE browser,
for
| > an alertnative approach, we may consider use response.redirect to
locate
| > the user to
| > the same page as the error occured rather than use the history back
| > script.
| >
| > Thanks,
| >
| > Steven Cheng
| > Microsoft Online Support

| > rights.)
| >

| > --------------------
| > | From: =?Utf-8?B?TmF0aGFu?= <[email protected]>
| > | Subject: RE: Page has Expired - using html input control (type=file)
| > | Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 17:07:05 -0700
| > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
| > |
| > | In order to get the error you need to use an input tag with
type=file.
| > | Without using that control we don’t have any problem, as soon
as we add
| > that
| > | control we start getting the Page Expired error. On your sample
program
| > | please change one of the TextBox controls to the following:
| > |
| > | <input id="File1" type="file" runat="server">
| > |
| > | And try again.
| > |
| > |
| > | "Steven Cheng[MSFT]" wrote:
| > |

| > OE to

| > | > |
| > test.
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |

| > that

| > no

| > (type=file)
| > | > | > |
| > IIS
| > ¢â€šÂ¬�
| > Button1 to
| > | > | > |
| > | > | > |

| > browser's
| > entry
| > when
| > displaying .

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

OK. I'll try best to update you ASAP.

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)
--------------------
| From: =?Utf-8?B?TmF0aGFu?= <[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<UszjP#[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<TTZ04#[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
| Subject: RE: Page has Expired - using html input control (type=file)
| Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 11:52:33 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
|
| Thanks Steven,
| Please provide a solution at your earliest convenience. We are so
| desparately want to get it resolve.
| Nathan.
|
| "Steven Cheng[MSFT]" wrote:
|
| > Hi Nathan,
| >
| > Thanks for your response. Currently I haven't known any means (at least
| > through the webpage http header ) which can control the IE's clientside
| > behavior. I'll consult some other IE guys to see whether we can get any
| > ways to workaround this. I'll update you when I got any new info.
| >
| > Thanks,
| >
| > Steven Cheng
| > Microsoft Online Support

| > rights.)
| > --------------------
| > | From: =?Utf-8?B?TmF0aGFu?= <[email protected]>
| > <[email protected]>
| > <[email protected]>
| > <UszjP#[email protected]>
| > <[email protected]>
| > <TTZ04#[email protected]>
| > <[email protected]>
| > <[email protected]>
| > <[email protected]>
| > <[email protected]>
| > | Subject: RE: Page has Expired - using html input control (type=file)
| > | Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 01:15:06 -0700
| > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
| > |
| > | We can not use Response.Redirect because we will lose the user input
on
| > the
| > | page. Any work around or fix? We need to deliver a project pretty
soon!
| > |
| > | "Steven Cheng[MSFT]" wrote:
| > |

| > did
| > not
| > do
| > .
| > request,
| > for
| > locate

| > type=file.
problem, as soon
| > as we add
| > program
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |

| > through

| > no
| > (type=file)
| > | > | > |
| > can
| > | > | > |
| > | > | > |
| > | > | > |

| > click
| > former
However, as
| > contains

| > confers

| > | > | > | > |
| > the
ƒÆ’Æ’Ã?
‚¢ÃÆ?
| > ¢â€šÂ¬�
| > of
| > | > | > | > |
| > | > | > | > |

| > input
| > ,and

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Nathan,

Sorry for keeping you waiting for long time. Unfortunately, after
consulting our IE guys, there seems haven't such setting in IE. Also, form
serverside, http header won't have effect on the browser's behavior. Is it
possible that we turn on smartNavigation so that the postback request won't
appear in the IE browser's history list (which can prevent the client user
from being able to select the history entry through back button) ?

Thanks,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

--------------------
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<UszjP#[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<TTZ04#[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
| From: (e-mail address removed) (Steven Cheng[MSFT])
| Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 06:42:22 GMT
| Subject: RE: Page has Expired - using html input control (type=file)
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
|
| OK. I'll try best to update you ASAP.
|
| Steven Cheng
| Microsoft Online Support

| rights.)
| --------------------
| | From: =?Utf-8?B?TmF0aGFu?= <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| <UszjP#[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| <TTZ04#[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| | Subject: RE: Page has Expired - using html input control (type=file)
| | Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 11:52:33 -0700
| | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
| |
| | Thanks Steven,
| | Please provide a solution at your earliest convenience. We are so
| | desparately want to get it resolve.
| | Nathan.
| |
| | "Steven Cheng[MSFT]" wrote:
| |
| | > Hi Nathan,
| | >
| | > Thanks for your response. Currently I haven't known any means (at
least
| | > through the webpage http header ) which can control the IE's
clientside
| | > behavior. I'll consult some other IE guys to see whether we can get
any
| | > ways to workaround this. I'll update you when I got any new info.
| | >
| | > Thanks,
| | >
| | > Steven Cheng
| | > Microsoft Online Support
| | >
| | > Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
| | > (This posting is provided "AS IS", with no warranties, and confers no
| | > rights.)
| | > --------------------
| | > <[email protected]>
| | > <[email protected]>
| | > <UszjP#[email protected]>
| | > <[email protected]>
| | > <TTZ04#[email protected]>
| | > <[email protected]>
| | > <[email protected]>
| | > <[email protected]>
| | > <[email protected]>
| on
| | > the
| soon!
| | > |
| | > |

| | > did
| can
| | > not
| behavior
| | > do
| version)
| | > .
| | > request,
| cache.
| browser,
| | > for
| | > locate
| back

| no

| (type=file)
| | > type=file.
| problem, as soon
| | > as we add
| | > program
| | > | > |
| | > | > |
| | > | > |
| | > | > |
| | > | > |

| | > through

| confers
| | > no
| | > (type=file)
| | > | > | > |
| we
| | > can
| | > | > | > |
| | > | > | > |
| | > | > | > |

| | > click
| the
| | > former
| However, as
| ..."
| | > contains
| side so

| | > confers

| | > | > | > | > |
| on
| | > the
have ?
ƒÆ’Æ’Ã?
| > ‚¢ÃÆ?
| the
| order
| | > of
| | > | > | > | > |
| | > | > | > | > |

| | > input
| data
| | > ,and
| on
| |

Guest

Sorry for the late reply because I didn't receive the email notification
somehow!
Ok, We cannot use smartNavigation since we need to access the previous
pages. Is there any work around or recommendation.
Thanks,
Nathan

Steven Cheng said:
Hi Nathan,

Sorry for keeping you waiting for long time. Unfortunately, after
consulting our IE guys, there seems haven't such setting in IE. Also, form
serverside, http header won't have effect on the browser's behavior. Is it
possible that we turn on smartNavigation so that the postback request won't
appear in the IE browser's history list (which can prevent the client user
from being able to select the history entry through back button) ?

Thanks,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

--------------------
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<UszjP#[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<TTZ04#[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
| From: (e-mail address removed) (Steven Cheng[MSFT])
| Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 06:42:22 GMT
| Subject: RE: Page has Expired - using html input control (type=file)
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
|
| OK. I'll try best to update you ASAP.
|
| Steven Cheng
| Microsoft Online Support

| rights.)
| --------------------
| | From: =?Utf-8?B?TmF0aGFu?= <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| <UszjP#[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| <TTZ04#[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| | Subject: RE: Page has Expired - using html input control (type=file)
| | Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 11:52:33 -0700
| | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
| |
| | Thanks Steven,
| | Please provide a solution at your earliest convenience. We are so
| | desparately want to get it resolve.
| | Nathan.
| |
| | "Steven Cheng[MSFT]" wrote:
| |
| | > Hi Nathan,
| | >
| | > Thanks for your response. Currently I haven't known any means (at
least
| | > through the webpage http header ) which can control the IE's
clientside
| | > behavior. I'll consult some other IE guys to see whether we can get
any
| | > ways to workaround this. I'll update you when I got any new info.
| | >
| | > Thanks,
| | >
| | > Steven Cheng
| | > Microsoft Online Support
| | >
| | > Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
| | > (This posting is provided "AS IS", with no warranties, and confers no
| | > rights.)
| | > --------------------
| | > <[email protected]>
| | > <[email protected]>
| | > <UszjP#[email protected]>
| | > <[email protected]>
| | > <TTZ04#[email protected]>
| | > <[email protected]>
| | > <[email protected]>
| | > <[email protected]>
| | > <[email protected]>
| on
| | > the
| soon!
| | > |
| | > |

| | > did
| can
| | > not
| behavior
| | > do
| version)
| | > .
| | > request,
| cache.
| browser,
| | > for
| | > locate
| back

| no

| (type=file)
| | > type=file.
| problem, as soon
| | > as we add
| | > program
| | > | > |
| | > | > |
| | > | > |
| | > | > |
| | > | > |

| | > through

| confers
| | > no
| | > (type=file)

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Nathan,

I'm afraid so far we haven't any good means for this problem since the
problem related to the clientside browser's behavior. What I'm thinking is
whether it's ok for you to separate your page's content into different
parts? Since the problem is caused by the fileupload field on the form, we
can consider separate the fileupload field into a separate page(maybe a
iframe) and post them separately also, thus the upload field page won't
affect the main page with normal input fields. How do you think of this?

Thanks,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)
--------------------
| From: =?Utf-8?B?TmF0aGFu?= <[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<UszjP#[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<TTZ04#[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
| Subject: RE: Page has Expired - using html input control (type=file)
| Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 11:50:05 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
|
| Sorry for the late reply because I didn't receive the email notification
| somehow!
| Ok, We cannot use smartNavigation since we need to access the previous
| pages. Is there any work around or recommendation.
| Thanks,
| Nathan
|
| "Steven Cheng[MSFT]" wrote:
|
| > Hi Nathan,
| >
| > Sorry for keeping you waiting for long time. Unfortunately, after
| > consulting our IE guys, there seems haven't such setting in IE. Also,
form
| > serverside, http header won't have effect on the browser's behavior. Is
it
| > possible that we turn on smartNavigation so that the postback request
won't
| > appear in the IE browser's history list (which can prevent the client
user
| > from being able to select the history entry through back button) ?
| >
| > Thanks,
| >
| > Steven Cheng
| > Microsoft Online Support

| > rights.)
| >

| > --------------------
| > <[email protected]>
| > <[email protected]>
| > <UszjP#[email protected]>
| > <[email protected]>
| > <TTZ04#[email protected]>
| > <[email protected]>
| > <[email protected]>
| > <[email protected]>
| > <[email protected]>
| > <[email protected]>
| > <[email protected]>
| > <[email protected]>
| > | From: (e-mail address removed) (Steven Cheng[MSFT])
| > | Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 06:42:22 GMT
| > | Subject: RE: Page has Expired - using html input control (type=file)
| > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
| > |
| > | OK. I'll try best to update you ASAP.
| > |
| > | Steven Cheng
| > | Microsoft Online Support
| > |
| > | Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
| > | (This posting is provided "AS IS", with no warranties, and confers no
| > | rights.)
| > | --------------------
| > | <[email protected]>
| > | <[email protected]>