    Keywords, Author, Title, etc?

    Thank You,
    Miguel
    shapper, Apr 25, 2008

  2. Scripsit shapper:

    > When I validate the HTML of my web site I get the following error:
    >
    > No Character Encoding Found! Falling back to UTF-8.
    >
    > How can I solve this?

    By specificying the encoding. Check
    http://www.w3.org/International/O-charset

    > And what information, including meta tags, should I add to my Page
    > Head?
    > Keywords, Author, Title, etc?

    The <title> element is required by the syntax, and its content is more
    important than anything else on the page. Be concise, be informative,
    and avoid marketese and babbling there.

    A <meta> tag duplicating the encoding information is useful for some
    purposes.

    Other <meta> tags are mostly pointless or worse.

    --
    Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")
    http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/
    Jukka K. Korpela, Apr 25, 2008

  3. shapper

    richard Guest

    On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 20:26:41 -0700 (PDT), shapper <>
    wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >When I validate the HTML of my web site I get the following error:
    >
    >No Character Encoding Found! Falling back to UTF-8.
    >
    >How can I solve this?
    >
    >And what information, including meta tags, should I add to my Page
    >Head?
    >Keywords, Author, Title, etc?
    >
    >Thank You,
    >Miguel

    replace utf-8 with which ever code you desire to use.
    richard, Apr 25, 2008