Page level (user defined) properties?

Guest

Hi,

Why doesn’t this property work at the Page level after postback;

public virtual string SomePageProperty
{
get
{
string s = (string) ViewState["SomePageProperty"];
return ((s == null) ? String.Empty : s);
}

set
{
ViewState["SomePageProperty"] = value;

I've used this type of property declaration in custom WebControls before but
cannot see why it would not work at the Page level, seeing as Page inherits
from Control??

Thanks,

Guest

OK,

Please ignore this silly question as I was debugging in the OnInit event and
hence ViewState had not been restored!! I must get more sleep!! ;-)