page-level vs control-level enableViewState

Guest

Hello all:

From what I understand the ItemCommand, UpdateCommand, SortCommand, etc
events for the datagrid require that the datagrid's enableVireState property
is set to true. Does the page-level enableViewState property affect the
control's enableViewState property?

I am trying to understand this result: when I have the page's
enableViewState turned off and the control's enableViewState turned on, the
ItemCommand event never fires whereas if the page's enableViewState property
is turned on, the ItemCommand event does fire.

Does anyone understadn this?

TIA,

S. Justin Gengo

Joe,

Yes, if you turn off viewstate for a page it is also turned off for every
control placed on the page no matter what the control itself is set to.

--
Sincerely,

S. Justin Gengo, MCP
Web Developer / Programmer

www.aboutfortunate.com

"Out of chaos comes order."
Nietzsche

Guest

Justin,

Thank you very much.

--
Joe

VB.NET/C#/ASP.NET/ASP/VB/C++/Web and DB development/VBA Automation