Page Load error when caliing Stored procedure using LINQTOSQL

Alex. O. Koranteng

I am using LINQTOSQL as my dataaccess technique. I have a button on a page
for which will load a page using the postbackurl property. I have defined the
namespace for my dbml file as NwindLinqSProcs. The stored procedures for this
application in the methods pane of the layout file for the dbml file. I am
getting error below for the click event of the button. Please see below for
the code and will appreciate any suggestions

CodeBehind="LinqCustomersSP.aspx.cs" Inherits="NwindWebSite.LinqCustomersSP"
%>

<head id="Head1" runat="server">
<title>LinqDataSource Binding with LINQ to SQL Data Access Layer (DAL)
with Stored Procedures (C#)</title>
</head>
<form id="frmMain" runat="server">
<asp:Label ID="lblHeader" runat="server" Font-Bold="True"
Font-Names="Calibri"
Font-Size="14pt" Text="LinqDataSource Binding with LINQ to SQL
Data Access Layer (DAL) with Stored Procedures (C#)"
Width="100%" Height="24px" ForeColor="#507CD1"></asp:Label>
<asp:GridView ID="gvCustomers" runat="server" CellPadding="4"
Font-Names="Calibri" Font-Size="11pt" ForeColor="#333333"
GridLines="None"
Width="100%" AllowPaging="True" AllowSorting="True"
AutoGenerateColumns="False" DataKeyNames="CustomerID"
DataSourceID="ldsCustomers">
<FooterStyle BackColor="#507CD1" Font-Bold="True" ForeColor="White" />
<RowStyle BackColor="#EFF3FB" />
<columns>
<asp:commandfield ShowEditButton="True" ShowSelectButton="True">
</asp:commandfield>
<asp:boundfield DataField="CustomerID" HeaderText="CustomerID"
ReadOnly="True"
SortExpression="CustomerID"></asp:boundfield>
<asp:boundfield DataField="CompanyName" HeaderText="CompanyName"
SortExpression="CompanyName"></asp:boundfield>
<asp:boundfield DataField="ContactName" HeaderText="ContactName"
SortExpression="ContactName"></asp:boundfield>
<asp:boundfield DataField="ContactTitle"
HeaderText="ContactTitle"
SortExpression="ContactTitle"></asp:boundfield>
<asp:boundfield DataField="Address" HeaderText="Address"
SortExpression="Address"></asp:boundfield>
<asp:boundfield DataField="City" HeaderText="City"
SortExpression="City">
</asp:boundfield>
<asp:boundfield DataField="Region" HeaderText="Region"
SortExpression="Region">
</asp:boundfield>
<asp:boundfield DataField="PostalCode" HeaderText="PostalCode"
SortExpression="PostalCode"></asp:boundfield>
<asp:boundfield DataField="Country" HeaderText="Country"
SortExpression="Country"></asp:boundfield>
<asp:boundfield DataField="Phone" HeaderText="Phone"
SortExpression="Phone">
</asp:boundfield>
<asp:boundfield DataField="Fax" HeaderText="Fax"
SortExpression="Fax">
</asp:boundfield>
</columns>
<PagerStyle BackColor="#2461BF" ForeColor="White"
HorizontalAlign="Center" />
<SelectedRowStyle BackColor="#D1DDF1" Font-Bold="True"
ForeColor="#333333" />
<HeaderStyle BackColor="#507CD1" Font-Bold="True" ForeColor="White" />
<EditRowStyle BackColor="#2461BF" />
<AlternatingRowStyle BackColor="White" />
</asp:GridView>
<asp:LinkButton ID="lbOrdersSP" runat="server" BorderColor="White"
BorderWidth="7px" Font-Names="Calibri" Font-Size="11pt"
PostBackUrl="~/LinqOrdersSP.aspx" Width="223px"
style="margin-left: 0px">Orders
(Stored Procedures)</asp:LinkButton>
<asp:Button ID="btnAddBogus" runat="server" Font-Names="Calibri"
Font-Size="11pt" onclick="btnAddBogus_Click" Text="Add BOGUS
Customer"
Width="155px" />
<asp:Button ID="btnDeleteBogus" runat="server" Font-Names="Calibri"
Font-Size="11pt" onclick="btnDeleteBogus_Click" Text="Drop BOGUS
Customer"
Width="160px" />
<asp:LinkButton ID="lbObjectDS" runat="server" BorderColor="White"
BorderWidth="7px" Font-Names="Calibri" Font-Size="11pt"
PostBackUrl="~/ObjectDataSource.aspx"
Width="150px">ObjectDataSource</asp:LinkButton>
<asp:LinqDataSource ID="ldsCustomers" runat="server"
ContextTypeName="NwindLinqSProcsCS.NorthwindDataContext"
EnableDelete="True"
EnableInsert="True" EnableUpdate="True" TableName="Customers">
</asp:LinqDataSource>
</form>

Could not load type 'NwindLinqSProcsCS.NorthwindDataContext'.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Could not load type
'NwindLinqSProcsCS.NorthwindDataContext'.

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): Could not load type
'NwindLinqSProcsCS.NorthwindDataContext'.]
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetType(String typeName, Boolean
throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase) +8819397
System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinqDataSourceView.get_ContextType() +93

Allen Chen [MSFT]

Hi Alex,
[HttpException (0x80004005): Could not load type
'NwindLinqSProcsCS.NorthwindDataContext'.]
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetType(String typeName, Boolean
throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase) +8819397
System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinqDataSourceView.get_ContextType() +93

Could you try to rebuild the entire solution to see if it works? Do you see
any error in the compile time? If it still doesn't work please send me a
demo that can reproduce this problem. My email is (e-mail address removed).
Please update here after sending the project in case I missed that email.

Regards,
Allen Chen
Microsoft Online Support

(e-mail address removed).