Page Navigation

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Vadivel Kumar, Mar 5, 2005.

  1. I have some certain dynamic pages in which i need to implement the page
    navigated path. In
    page 1 there are some 100 links, and each link will lead to another page
    (which is dynamically generated
    from one aspx file). for example,

    Category page

    |____ Category 1 - Subcategory 1 - Data1
    |____ Category 2 - Subcategory 2 - Data2

    This category1 and subcategory1 are taken from database and displayed in a
    datalist.
    when user clicks on page by page there is a links in the top of the page
    should tell
    the user, that from which page he came to this page like this

    Category 1 >> SubCategory 2 >> Data1

    Now, What i want to know is how can i do this in ASP.NET 1.1 and what is the
    efficient way to do this?

    Thanks in Advance
    Vadivel Kumar

    Vadivel Kumar, Mar 5, 2005

  2. Hi Vadivel,

    as of now there is no straight way of doing to achieve your need, like drag
    and drop a control. You've to write your own control or you've to specify
    links manually in all pages.

    If you can wait for another couple of months (say in mid of june), probable
    we wouod get new version of ASP.NET. There we have a separate conrol for this
    called, site map. You just drag and drop it in your page...that's it.

    Cheers,

    Jerome. M

    =?Utf-8?B?RG90TmV0SmVyb21l?=, Mar 5, 2005

  3. How to write that kind of control? I used cache object but it seems to be
    little
    bit fizzy. Plz provide some examples, sites or articles about this.

    Thanks
    Vadivel Kumar

    "DotNetJerome" <reachjerome@_yahoo.com-remove-the-underscore-after@> wrote
    in message news:...

    Vadivel Kumar, Mar 5, 2005
  4. Hi Vadivel,

    I searched in the web and I did n't find any site or articles abt the help
    you need.

    But here is my suggestion....

    ..... Have a panel control in every page you created dynamically, and a link
    button too. Add the current page url as well as the previous page url's in
    link buttons (one link button per url).

    When you do this in a loop you would not find much difficult I hope.

    Cheers,

    Jerome. M

    =?Utf-8?B?RG90TmV0SmVyb21l?=, Mar 5, 2005