    Thanks

    Patrick
    , Nov 2, 2005

  2. Try pasting some snippet and where get the error.
    Patrick

    Patrick.O.Ige, Nov 2, 2005

  3. ypu may want to check the view source of the HTML page appearing blank..
    any javascript error or any broken tags?

    =?Utf-8?B?U3JlZWppdGggUmFt?=, Nov 2, 2005

    The generated page is ok but empty.
    I'm handling files (file.move, file.delete), when I was working on dos
    programs (long time ago), there were specific problems when working on
    files. Maybe it's a recurrent problem ?
    , Nov 3, 2005
  5. try posting the part of the code that generate error..

    possibly there is an error in the exception handler(?).. you may want to
    try commenting every thing in side the catch {} and keep a simple
    "Response.Write("error")) ...

    Also how is the customErrors configureed in web.config ?

    <customErrors
    mode="RemoteOnly"
    />

    =?Utf-8?B?U3JlZWppdGggUmFt?=, Nov 3, 2005

    First in the web.config I have <customErrors mode="Off" />

    If I comment in the catch and only leave the response.write("ERROR"),
    then it's displayed.
    If I remove the Throw (the one with a comment in the code) in the
    catch, it's the same thing.

    It seems that if I make a fileCopy with wrong file name, the page is
    not displayed. here's my web page :

    Imports AFTypeFactory
    Imports System.IO
    Imports DistillInterface

    Public Class RegenerationProgressionTrt
    Inherits System.Web.UI.Page

    InitializeComponent()

    End Sub
    Protected WithEvents ImgPhase1 As System.Web.UI.WebControls.Image
    Protected WithEvents lblPhase1 As System.Web.UI.WebControls.Label
    Protected WithEvents ImgPhase2 As System.Web.UI.WebControls.Image
    Protected WithEvents LblPhase2 As System.Web.UI.WebControls.Label

    'NOTE: The following placeholder declaration is required by the Web
    Form Designer.
    'Do not delete or move it.

    System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Init
    InitializeComponent()
    End Sub

    #End Region

    System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
    If Request("PS") = 1 Then
    lblPhase1.Text = "Phase 1 - PS"
    If Request("PDF") = 1 Then
    LblPhase2.Text = "Phase 2 - PDF"
    Else
    LblPhase2.Visible = False
    End If
    Else
    If Request("PDF") = 1 Then
    lblPhase1.Text = "Phase 1 - PDF"
    LblPhase2.Visible = False
    End If
    End If

    Try
    traitements()
    Catch ex As Exception

    End Try
    End Sub

    Private Sub traitements()
    Dim odsDossier As OffDocDossier = Session("Dossier")

    If Request("PS") = 1 Then
    Try ' phase 1 - PS

    Dim FicDOC As String() =
    DBActions.GetUploadById(odsDossier.DocFileId)
    Dim FicPS As String() =
    DBActions.GetUploadById(odsDossier.PsFileId)

    Dim newPerson As New Impersonate.ImpersonateUser
    Dim isValid As Boolean = newPerson.Start()
    If File.Exists(Application("TempFolder") & FicDOC(4))
    Then ' <----- HERE if the file cannot be accessed, there's anj
    exception. It's thrown as I can see in the debugger

    File.Delete(Application("TempFolder") & FicDOC(4))
    End If
    File.Copy(FicDOC(1) & FicDOC(4),
    Application("TempFolder") & FicDOC(4))
    If isValid Then
    newPerson.End()
    End If

    WordPilot.PrintWordDoc(Application("TempFolder") &
    FicDOC(4), Application("TempFolder") & FicPS(4))

    isValid = newPerson.Start()
    If File.Exists(FicPS(1) & FicPS(4)) Then
    File.Delete(FicPS(1) & FicPS(4))
    End If
    File.Copy(Application("TempFolder") & FicPS(4),
    FicPS(1) & FicPS(4))
    If isValid Then
    newPerson.End()
    End If

    ImgPhase1.Visible = True
    Catch ex As Exception
    lblPhase1.Font.Bold = True
    lblPhase1.ForeColor = Color.Red
    Throw ' If I remove this line, there's the same
    blank screen...
    End Try

    If Request("PDF") = 1 Then
    Try ' phase 2 - PDF
    GenererPdf(odsDossier)

    ImgPhase2.Visible = True
    Catch ex As Exception
    LblPhase2.Font.Bold = True
    LblPhase2.ForeColor = Color.Red
    Throw
    End Try
    End If
    Else
    If Request("PDF") = 1 Then
    Try ' phase 1 - Génération du .PDF
    GenererPdf(odsDossier)

    ImgPhase1.Visible = True
    Catch ex As Exception
    lblPhase1.Font.Bold = True
    lblPhase1.ForeColor = Color.Red
    Throw
    End Try
    End If
    End If
    End Sub

    Private Sub GenererPdf(ByVal CurrDossier As OffDocDossier)
    If CurrDossier.WordPageCount <
    Application("NbPagesMaxShortDistiller") Then
    DBActions.InsertTask(CurrDossier.Id,
    AFTypeFactory.enService.ShortDistiller)
    Dim distiller As IDistillFactory =
    CType(Activator.GetObject(GetType(IDistillFactory),
    Application("AFDistillServiceUrl")), IDistillFactory)
    distiller.Wakeup()
    Else
    DBActions.InsertTask(CurrDossier.Id,
    AFTypeFactory.enService.LongDistiller)
    Dim distiller As IDistillFactory =
    CType(Activator.GetObject(GetType(IDistillFactory),
    Application("AFLongDistillServiceUrl")), IDistillFactory)
    distiller.Wakeup()
    End If
    End Sub

    End Class