Page Not Found on Postback

Guest

Hello
I am currently in the process of creating a web page to display and edit reporting data. It consists of a few label
with instructions, a Drop-Down-List and Button (Load) to select a report to display, when the user selects a report and clicks the load button it will perform a postback and populate a datagrid on that page. The datagrid also exposes an edit button that they can click, which fires the EditCommand function and allows them to change two fields, however when the
click on the edit button, it refreshes with a "the page cannot be displayed" message. It is performing a standard postback to the same page. When the page loads, if it is a postback, it will process a function called BindData wihich takes a string as its parameter for the name of the report. I would think this function was working fine, since when they select a report and click the load it also calls this function which returns the report successfully. The code for the Edit Command is
---
dgReport.EditItemIndex = e.item.ItemInde
BindData(ddlReport.SelectedItem.Value
---
where ddlReport is the drop down list that is populated when IsNotPostback is true on the first load. I am not sure if thi
is causing the problem since when the user clicks the load button it does not refresh the ddlReport list, but they all re-appear on the refresh

Can anyone shed some light on this, I am stumped

Thank you
Nathan Truha
ntruhan at kent.edu(nospam)

Guest

I wanted to add to this. I also noticed one of the reports has 4188 rows, that one refreshes fine and the edit shows up. The other report has 9025 reports, this one gives me a page cannot be displayed message. Could it be a timeout issue

Thank you in advance
Nathan Truha
ntruhan AT kent.edu(nospam

----- Nathan Truhan wrote: ----

[...]

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening, microsoft
Thank yo