    Is this possible?

    Thanks
    , Jul 5, 2006

  2. <> scripsit:

    > I want to default my print orientation to landscape when a user try to
    > print some of my webpages and to portrait for other.

    You cannot. The 'size' property in CSS could be used, see
    http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/page.html#page-size-prop
    if only it had been implemented in browsers.

    > It should not be
    > necessary for the user to chnage it.

    You cannot even know whether the user's browser and printer are capable of
    printing in landscape orientation and in portrait orientation.

    > Is this possible?

    No.

    --
    Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")
    http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/
    Jukka K. Korpela, Jul 5, 2006

  3. Andy Dingley Guest

    wrote:
    > I want to default my print orientation to landscape when a user try to
    > print some of my webpages and to portrait for other.

    MeadCo's ScriptX ActiveX control is the only way I know to do this.
    Easy to use, but not portable outside Windows IE (as far as I know)
    Andy Dingley, Jul 5, 2006
  4. Andy Dingley <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    >> I want to default my print orientation to landscape when a user try to
    >> print some of my webpages and to portrait for other.

    > MeadCo's ScriptX ActiveX control is the only way I know to do this.
    > Easy to use, but not portable outside Windows IE (as far as I know)

    Thank God!

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan