Page refresh on ListBox selection

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Rosanne, Aug 9, 2005.

  1. Rosanne

    Rosanne Guest

    Hi All -

    I have a strange problem - I have an aspx page that contains
    server-side, multi-select listbox. The AutoPostBack property is set t
    false. The user should click on an item in the listbox, then click
    button to move the selected item to a panel on the same page. On a fe
    of our user machines, when the user clicks on an item in the listbox
    the page refreshes itself. The page shouldn't refresh until the butto
    is clicked. I can't get it to happen on my machine so I'm havin
    problems trouble shooting. It's only happening on a few of th
    machine, not all. Could this be caused by a setting on the machin
    itself? Or possibly an IE setting?

    Here is the html for the listbox:

    <asp:listbox id="ListBoxWorkers" style="Z-INDEX: 108; LEFT: 8px
    POSITION: absolute; TOP: 79px" CssClass="SmallInfoTable" Height="105
    Width="152px" runat="server" SelectionMode="Multiple"></asp:listbox>

    Any ideas are greatly appreciated

    --
    Rosann
    Rosanne's Profile: http://www.highdots.com/forums/m28

    Rosanne, Aug 9, 2005

  2. Rosanne

    Oliver Wong Guest

    "Rosanne" <> wrote in message

    > Hi All -
    >
    > I have a strange problem - I have an aspx page that contains a
    > server-side, multi-select listbox. The AutoPostBack property is set to
    > false. The user should click on an item in the listbox, then click a
    > button to move the selected item to a panel on the same page. On a few
    > of our user machines, when the user clicks on an item in the listbox,
    > the page refreshes itself. The page shouldn't refresh until the button
    > is clicked. I can't get it to happen on my machine so I'm having
    > problems trouble shooting.

    Did you try getting the HTML that the problem-machines are receiving?

    - Oliver

    Oliver Wong, Aug 9, 2005

  3. Rosanne

    Rosanne Guest