    Adrian Guest

    Hi,
    I Need help. This is my situation right now. I have a page which contain 2 frame. On the 1st frame which contain a header and a drop down box and the 2nd frame contains information. I would like to know how to refresh a whole page from a click of a button which will then refresh a new value base on Session ID??
    Adrian, Jan 30, 2004

  2. Adrian

    TomB Guest

    You can do a couple of things. Neither are really asp specific.

    If the button is a submit button, you can set the target of the <form> tag
    to be _top, which will replace the whole page. Bear in mind though that
    you'll want the action to be your frameset, and it will have to pull the
    values.

    You could also use javascript in the target page to refresh the whole page.
    I think it'd be something like...

    parent.location.href=parent.location.href

    OR
    again using javascript, you could refresh each individual frame.

    TomB, Jan 30, 2004