Page.RegisterStartupScript method not found

jef

Experienced programmer but new to Web development and ASP.NET. I'm
attempting to implement a popup window by way of using the
Page.RegisterStartupScript method in my VB code-behind logic (in a
button click event). However, the RegisterStartupScript method doesn't
show up as a valid method (neither does RegisterClientScriptBlock).
What am I missing? When I type "Page." the IntelliSense drop-down list
doesn't show them as options... any help is appreciated..

jef

LOL ... okay... so I'm stupid... even though the method doesn't show
up in the drop-down list, I can still call it and it works... that
said, why do valid methods NOT show up in the list?

Marina

VB has an option to 'Hide Advanced Members'. For some reason it is checked
by default, meaning that VB developers can't handle the advanced members?
Who knows why MS decided this should even exist.

Anyway, you can turn this off in options under Text Editor - Basic - General

Teemu Keiski

Because 'they' are disabled by default in VS.NET (called as advanced
members)

In VS.NET IDE
Tools -> Options -> Text Editor -> Basic -> General

Uncheck "Hide Advanced Members" under "Statement Completion" section. Then
just OK and you're set.