Page render performance question

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Derrick, Aug 3, 2007.

  1. Derrick

    Derrick Guest

    We are seeing the following rough stats, any input would be greatly
    appreciated.

    On a new box, running iis 5, asp.net 2, basic web app, a page to do a
    report, which brings back about 2 meg of data in the response. (i know, i
    know, we are going to try to fix that)

    1) the round trip time as reported by fiddler, about 20 seconds
    2) the render time, caught inside the page load is only 3.5 seconds

    On the production box, render time is about the same, but round trip time,
    only about 11 seconds, same OS/IIS/Patch, etc.

    The client with ie, on the same switch as new and old web/db boxes, 1 hop to
    each web server.

    It must be something with the tcp/ip config on the new web server box?

    Thanks in advance!

    Derrick
    Derrick, Aug 3, 2007